Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

I hate to say it but Schmidt needs to replace Hughes on the PP

 

at least for a bit until Hughes gets his head straight 

 

Schmidt has a killer shot, right now teams know Hughes will not shoot. They know he is going to feed Brock or EP. having Schmidt back there will make them respect the shot 

 

Green needs to slap EP in the head and force him to shoot on the pp 

 

but.....we will do nothing different and hope for different results .... as usual 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Did you hear Nate Schmidt's comments after last game against EDM? That allowing 42 shots is unacceptable?  I was like, 'Welcome to Vancouver, bud'. This is the style we play. Sit back and let Markstrom steal us some games....oh wait....

I believe he said he has never been on a team facing this many shots. This shows how our defensive system aint good enough under Baumer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Team will be better once Miller comes back and brings balance to the force.

What does it say about the team as a whole of it falls apart when one player is out long term? It says we are screwed. Yes Miller is very important but great teams find ways to make it work when players are injured.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s great to play with an edge.

 

It’s not great to shoot yourself in the foot every game because you can’t keep up with the play.

 

Motte is getting paid good money to be our top pker. If he can’t stay out of the box he’s useless to us plain and simple:

 

 

Omg, I'm in a hyperbolic chamber...

 

"Every game"..? Motte? 

 

From which point in time are we determining "every time"? Asking for a friend

  • Hydration 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Not surprising Marky got a shutout...

I mean... and then Tanev playing in front of him is basically “you guys do what you do and we’ll just design around that”.

 

Harmonic doesn’t bring the same pedigree to the Canucks as the Markstrom/Tanev duo.

 

Man. The Canucks are going to figure it out. But man.

I would also like to have them still be a part our team but at those prices and term - pass.  A few games doesn't justify those contracts 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Agree with Tran at 6 D

 

Gallant is much more of a coach Than Green 

 

plus Brown and Baumer are Green’s guys. What does that tell you about his decision making ability? Those 2 should have been gone long ago 

 

 

 

I don't think Baumer has been that bad, the PK has had a bad start this year, but has been fine in the big picture. And the D has been managed good at evens.

 

There's a better argument for Brown. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What does it say about the team as a whole of it falls apart when one player is out long term? It says we are screwed. Yes Miller is very important but great teams find ways to make it work when players are injured.

Exactly, was thinking the same thing honestly just trying to be positive.   But you’re right!   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What does it say about the team as a whole of it falls apart when one player is out long term? It says we are screwed. Yes Miller is very important but great teams find ways to make it work when players are injured.

This is exactly right. JT Miller is not going to make up for how they are playing. He will help,  but I see way bigger issues then missing him right now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I would also park Jake in front of the net on the pp

 

he has a big (fat) body and hands to bang in a rebound 

Jake seems to prefer the Mark Messier method of scoring - flying down the boards and hitting the goalies logo with his hair flowing in the wind.  I agree but Jake won't get in those areas...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

 

I don't think Baumer has been that bad, the PK has had a bad start this year, but has been fine in the big picture. And the D has been managed good at evens.

 

There's a better argument for Brown. 

Fair comment but remember d is more than just d men

 

Last year and again this year we get into situations wire it’s a tire fire in our own end. And often it boils down to dumb dumb plays like circling back into our own end unnecessary or trying a pass or play just before our blue line. Just basic stuff. The solid teams like Tampa and Vegas break out of their end seamlessly 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Fair comment but remember d is more than just d men

 

Last year and again this year we get into situations wire it’s a tire fire in our own end. And often it boils down to dumb dumb plays like circling back into our own end unnecessary or trying a pass or play just before our blue line. Just basic stuff. The solid teams like Tampa and Vegas break out of their end seamlessly 

 

Definitely true. Need to work on our efficiency moving the puck up ice. I also thought our passes tonight were horrific. So many off passes that just missed the target.

 

We'll be better in that area I think. Be we'll see, if not something will have to change. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

Just 3 games in and look at the reactions. Boy are we tough on the guys. 

was a pretty rough game, but im not ready to start getting pissed at certain players/coaching untill mid season, our PP needs to shoot more, that cycle sh!t is annoying, so hopefully brown figures it out already...

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Did you hear Nate Schmidt's comments after last game against EDM? That allowing 42 shots is unacceptable?  I was like, 'Welcome to Vancouver, bud'. This is the style we play. Sit back and let Markstrom steal us some games....oh wait....

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

 

I think the culprit in tonights lost was Tanev and Markie cause they basically ratted the coaching staffs tendencies/strategies to there new team.  The very same strategies that seems obvious to some of the watching public...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Fair comment but remember d is more than just d men

 

Last year and again this year we get into situations wire it’s a tire fire in our own end. And often it boils down to dumb dumb plays like circling back into our own end unnecessary or trying a pass or play just before our blue line. Just basic stuff. The solid teams like Tampa and Vegas break out of their end seamlessly 

What would you suggest the reason why Vegas & Tampa are better at exiting there zone - roster or coaching or both ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

I believe he said he has never been on a team facing this many shots. This shows how our defensive system aint good enough under Baumer.

Baumer seems to struggle making in game adjustments 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...