The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Looked like after Edler hit him, he lifted his skate “accidentally” and got Edler in the shin/calf with it. 

I’ll never understand why such a talented player is such a piece of $&!# as a human being. 

That said, 3/4 of this board would love him if he was a Canuck

26 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

There really was no "trailer" to take away.  

image.png

At the opposition blue line? No. But watch the same clip you posted and you’ll see the trailer. He’s not on the trailing player’s hip but he’s trying to cover the passing lane to the trailer with his stick while still being there to help with the puck carrier. 

Edited by Sean Monahan

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Looked like after Edler hit him, he lifted his skate “accidentally” and got Edler in the shin/calf with it. 

I’ll never understand why such a talented player is such a piece of $&!# as a human being. 

Like father... like son  so the saying goes. No to far from the truth IMO.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Found it.  Yeah..."accidental".  

And his go to move..."the turtle"...for extra effect.  Hate that puke.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

At the opposition blue line? No. But watch the same clip you posted and you’ll see the trailer. He’s not on the trailing player’s hip but he’s trying to cover the passing lane to the trailer with his stick while still being there to help with the puck carrier. 

The trailer's in another area code.  He isn't even focused on a potential "trailer".  As for Quinn...he wasn't going for the puck and WAS keeping him to the outside until the spin o rama...that Myers had a front row seat for.  Anyhow....agree to disagree.  I see a lazy, half heart effort you see a strategic play.  I tend to blame Myers more than Hughes on this one.  Right from the start of the play.

image.png

image.png

image.png

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Word of advice to the team. Do the opposite of whatever they’re being told regarding special teams. 

Doing well my friend...hope you are too.  

Exactly.  I wish they'd play from from their heart and slightly less from the script.  Not to be positionally unsound....but to not think SO much that it puts them a step behind.  Instincts matter.  If you carry the carry or receive the puck in the attacking zone and no one's there?  Maybe shoot rather than wait to set up.  

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Word of advice to the team. Do the opposite of whatever they’re being told regarding special teams. 

It was obvious all night that Calgary was not going to let Petey getting a shooting lane.

The only adjustment they made was switching Petey and Brock to opposite sides.

This is where we miss Miller badly. He brings another shooting option when Petey and Brock are being covered. His chemistry with Pettersson is also a big factor.

Hoglander’s shot it not at the level where he can just walk in and snipe yet. 

• Vintage 1

31 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well that could have gone either way...Edler did hit him without the puck. 

• Haha 1