The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Isn't the Captain supposed to do that?

Doesn't really matter.  Bo is a good captain, but is now in the learning stage of becoming a great captain.  He might even become a lifetime Canucks, somewhat like Linden.

My impression of Miller is that he views the Canucks as his team and will do whatever it takes to win games.  Even if he has to carry the team on his back.  He is a huge mentor for Bo, as well as many others on the team.

I suspect that Schmidt has similar characteristics to Miller.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

Oh I'd be super surprised if he wasn't.  Wouldn't really make sense for him to fly out?

Was just thinking fitness level wise and whenever a player comes back in they normal do a couple. But then again... different feel this year, isn't it. We need all our players, playing asap.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

A good captain allows other leaders on the team to take charge as well, unlike the Messiers of the world.

Oh I see, so he had the most minutes played by a forward last night(21 minutes), had 1 shot on goal, 0 points and 0 hits? I guess he was just waiting for Miller to rejoin the team? The team needed a pick up last night, especially after a loss the game before so I was expecting the leaders to lead the team to at least an inspired game. 

Heck even "whipping boy" Jake had a hit and 3 shots last night with half the ice time. 

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Exactly. If Miller’s absence causes that much of a drop off in production, there are far bigger issues at hand than just one player. 

I think 2 games is a little small of a sample size to be worrying about production. Every game I've watched all different divisions the skilled players have either lacked consistency or have been pretty much invisible. 

It was pretty obvious last night the Nucks had no legs, just like game seven against Vegas. Plus without the PP, guys like #97, #29, AM who have all had 1 good game because of the PP.

1 minute ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Is hughes injured? Hes listed as day to day on yahoo fantasy? Did I miss something or is that an error?

It's unclear why Hughes wasn't at practice Sunday but it could simply be a maintenance day. The 21-year-old blueliner was on the ice for over 26 minutes in each of his last two games

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I get that, to a much lesser degree.

Have gone for 3 tests so far which means quarantine until you get the negative results back.  Only a few days, but times 3 and I'm so over this COVID deal.   For me, it meant being stuck here alone.  The first time, with no groceries in the house as I wasn't prepared at all.

I get it, JT.  Crappy year is right.

What pi**ed me off was the holding of toilets paper and basic groceries. As someone with Crohns TP is a must lol.

The fact that I was told to avoid people at first due to type1 and Crohns so having to go out multiple times to multiple stores to find things as basic as FFin eggs milk butter etc was super annoying.

This was in Surrey so maybe it was different in areas with smaller average families?

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

1. carries the second line

2. Never has a lazy shift

3. 71% in faceoffs last night and always is put in the most difficult situations 

4. always plays the last minutes of the game offensively or defensively

5. always takes on the opposing teams top lines

Captain Bo does it all

That's all fine and dandy but is he going to bring what Miller is going to bring when he returns?

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Filthy McNasty said:

With JT back that pushes jake down to 3 and I assume Big Mac gets the shaft but I would rather have Big Mac 

The coach doesn't play the big guys anyway, there is a pecking order and that's not how Green rolls. 

• Wat 3