The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Calgary's PP secrets (they haven't worked on it much apparently..focused more on the PK):  "Catch the pk'ers off guard...find the open guy, make the play, pass and if you've got a shot, shoot it.  Get guys to the net".

Pretty simple formula.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

But Hughes didn’t. :(

Do we know what’s wrong with him?

Likely a maintenance day.

It's unclear why Hughes wasn't at practice Sunday but it could simply be a maintenance day. The 21-year-old blueliner was on the ice for over 26 minutes in each of his last two games

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

1. carries the second line

2. Never has a lazy shift

3. 71% in faceoffs last night and always is put in the most difficult situations 

4. always plays the last minutes of the game offensively or defensively

5. always takes on the opposing teams top lines

Captain Bo does it all

Wed be in a hell of  lot more trouble if Bo wasnt in the lineup than any other player.   This fanbase can be clueless.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

That's all fine and dandy but is he going to bring what Miller is going to bring when he returns?

They are different players so both bring something unique but both are key to our success.

Bo isn't nearly as vocal as Miller, but leads more by example like Sedin or Linden and brings just as much to the team.

He has no ego and that shows when he allows Miller, Petey, Schmidt or whoever to take charge of a situation

That is exactly what a great captain should be doing and he's still young and getting better

if either player is out of our lineup its a massive blow obviously

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Well being badly outplayed in 2/3 of your games is not concerning to you? 

having zero special teams is not concerning to you? You ok with our powerplay? Penalty kill? Physical play? Discipline?

if we were playing hard, dominating, bring physical and just not getting breaks it would be a different story but we are stinking out the rink 

It’s a young core, they’re still getting their feet wet. Yet expectations are already through the roof. Take it easy and enjoy the development of this young team. Losing sucks, and it stings them more than it does us. They’ll learn and will be better.

Enjoy the journey, else close your eyes. :)

• Vintage 2

Just now, Cluminati* said:

It’s a young core, they’re still getting their feet wet. Yet expectations are already through the roof. Take it easy and enjoy the development of this young team. Losing sucks, and it stings them more than it does us. They’ll learn and will be better.

We are not as “young” as people believe

You pay to the cap to win  

• Haha 2

• -SN- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
5 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

My worry is how it does sting them and can build into something if they don't quickly come back with a response to set things right.  The mental development of it all because losing can really impact how young players second guess things and start to overthink them.  Want them to have fun out there and do what comes naturally versus being tentative and unsure.  Confidence is such a huge factor in sports.

A good game tomorrow will do wonders in that. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

What pi**ed me off was the holding of toilets paper and basic groceries. As someone with Crohns TP is a must lol.

The fact that I was told to avoid people at first due to type1 and Crohns so having to go out multiple times to multiple stores to find things as basic as FFin eggs milk butter etc was super annoying.

This was in Surrey so maybe it was different in areas with smaller average families?

Hey, sorry to hear about your crohns.  I was diagnosed when i was in my teens.  Focused on eating healthy, studying nutrition supplementing correctly, exercising and not stressing out over little things, and havent had so much as a stomache ache since.  I count myself lucky though as others haven it really bad and its not talked about much.

• Like 1

Would be great if Motte didn't play 17 mins in a game we needed goals (or any game, really)... not to mention the 1 PP minute (on which he took a penalty to take us off the PP).

Stuff like that is from Willie D's Book of Bad Coaching.

Edited by kanucks25
  • Wat 2

9 hours ago, nuck-lifer said:

Agree, i'm sure he's thrown a few objects frustrated and wanting to be in the line up. especially being healthy and ready go

Really think overall him or Bo are our most valuable players right now (more the Petey or Hughes) so without him it shakes the whole team up.

He's back tomorrow. I fully expect a different outcome.

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

Would be great if Motte didn't play 17 mins in a game we needed goals (or any game, really)... not to mention the 1 PP minute (on which he took a penalty to take us off the PP).

Stuff like that is from Willie D's Book of Bad Coaching.

Sounds like TG wondering about the goals Motte scored in the playoffs was something Motte could replicate but I guess it can't hurt to try anything until JT is back..