The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

34 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's a keeper. 

To take a page from Torts, but the opposite; He knows how to play at this level.

I love the Halford & Brough show, but Brough was really skeptical of Juolevi on Friday, due entirely to mobility. But it wasn't a balanced conversation. And it led an opinion he could be the next Jake/Goldy - the next guy thats on the fringe/the fanbase debates over. But I don't agree.

Unlike Jake & Goldy he legitimately knows how to play. Due to injuries the mobility is a concern & he's still adjusting to league, but I don't see it as a similar situation at all. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

could the announcers have a bigger hard on for the Lames seriously everyone can see you guys are so freaking bias 

Ball is nowhere near as biased as the regional Edmonton play by play.

Face it, all the regional dudes are somewhat biased.  Is he as biased as John and John?

Rick Ball used to be on Team 1040 until he got his break to be the regional Flames play by play guy.  He's a good egg.

1 minute ago, CanadianRugby said:

I'm not saying I want Babcock.  But Tortorella won coach the cup, came here and sucked then left and won coach of the year.  Him sucking with Leafs doesn't mean he's a bad coach. 

and all the players want out because of torts

game 3 of the season and everyone except Holtby and Quinn looks interested. 

nobody throwing any damn hits, cant make and receive a pass to save their lives and spread as far out as possible on 5on3 then make stupid passes until it gets intercepted. 

If Green wants that contract, he better get these guys going ffs. 

• Vintage 1

Quick stats after two

Vancouver PP 0/4.

Calgary PP 2/4.

Shots 22-21 in favor of Calgary.

Blocks 7-12 in favor of Calgary.

Hits 12-8 in favor of Calgary.

Takeaways tied at 6.

PIMs tied at 8.

Giveaways 6 Vancouver, 4 Calgary.

Faceoffs 60% to 40% in favor of Vancouver.

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The way the Canucks have looked these past couple games is alarming... I really hope Miller gets this team back on track.  If they play like this, they may very well be the worst team in the division....

It shouldn't be up to one player. We've got so much talent on that ice right now, but for whatever reason, it's just not working. Not sure if it's coaching (well the PP is coaching), or hunger or they're just tired. 3 games in 4 nights is probably a factor

1 minute ago, Davathor said:

I can't keep track, I thought we were still on millenials? Gen x was growing up in 90's right? What are they gonna call this social media whoring, protesting, SJW, soft handed, phone addicted, worthless next generation? 

Naw, millenials grew up in the 90s. Millenial is born between the early 80s and late 90s. Gen X are born after boomers up to about 1980. Gen Z is about 1997/8 to 2020. 

The youngest millenials are in their mid 20s now.

From watching the first three games, I miss Markey, I'm afraid Benning picked the wrong goalie. It's going to be a looooooong season. Hopefully Miller will be back soon. Jake is garbage if we were going to keep a lazy skater we should have kept Goldy, at least he had a high hockey IQ. Hoping Hoglander can help that first line get going, now Jake will make the 2nd line useless.

• Cheers 1