The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Ex-Canucks | January 16 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, TVAS2, NHLN

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I'll never understand why we are so passive, allowing the opponent to gain entry into the offensive zone with ease every time.
Should have the boys watch some 2010/2011 video.

The only thing that was weak with the 2010/11 systems were our breakouts were average 5 on 5. That team played the right way every single night. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Second game in a row. With the talent we have on the PP, this is inexcusable.

It's 3 bad games of special teams.  I won't panic unless it goes on a bit longer.

However, our depth players have been absolutely terrible for a long time and it looks like it's continuing this year.  Canucks might have to rely on their goalie to carry them again.  Can our current guys do what Marky did last season?

3 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

They should send Newell Brown home today and Sign Adam Oates

50% of that.

Oates has a "Gretzky" problem - he was one of the best pure playmakers in the game when he played, and it's really difficult to translate "just do what I would have done" to guys who are nowhere near his level of passing. There'd be 2-3 guys who just SHINE under him, and everybody else would be left in the dark.

Anyone notice the PP hasn't gotten it down low at all?? Remember how many PP goals Horvat had last season?

He's not even a factor right now because they aren't getting it down low, and they aren't putting it on net (for a tip).

They are young, I think its a confidence thing (trying to wait for the best shot). But if I'm Horvat I'm going to them in the intermission & making these points.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

Frustrating. 

It's frustrating but the overreactions on these boards is laughable. Do people not realize there will be great stretches and bad stretches? That's exactly how it goes and this panic is so Leaf HF.

Sure the PP and pK sucks but it's 3 games. Once we have a good stretch the same people will be saying the complete opposite. Everybody step back off the ledge.

5 minutes ago, Davathor said:

I can't keep track, I thought we were still on millenials? Gen x was growing up in 90's right? What are they gonna call this social media whoring, protesting, SJW, soft handed, phone addicted, worthless next generation? 

Boomers were like 45-65  Gen X was like 66-85ish Millenials were 86-95/96 Gen Z is 97- like 2006/2007? And I don't know what the generation after that is called.