The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Boeser +? for Dubois

7 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Boeser is a young guy and a sniper, not a lot of those guys kicking around, besides, we already have 2 top 6 centres and they are pretty darn good ones.

This is not a deal that the Canucks need to make.

Not necessarily for most instances, but for PLD? Dubois wont get as many goals, but he'll help you in the win column big time. PLD can play centre or wing and is extremely talented. He'll get you 25-35 goals , and can play any position, any special teams you put him in. Dubois is a more complete player than Boeser

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Not going to happen. PLD is going to take a cornerstone player in return. Laine for PLD wouldn't be unreasonable at all, maybe a few small pieces from winnipeg. JV and Gaudette? LOL give your head a shake. A trade for PLD will start with either EP, Boeser, Podkolzin plus plus. Columbus would laugh at a JV gaudette and a first

PLD wont go to the peg the Habs may have the inside track . Vancouver if he would come would need to give up a lot this is a Franchise changing trade. I know people would be made about this but what they want and what we could give up . Miller plus Virtanen and Juolevi for PLD . Put EP on the wing and Brisebois to replace Juolevi. Virtanen can be replaced by Bailey. When Podkolzin comes in he can play third line min until he is ready for the top 6

EP        PLD     Boeser

Pearson Horvat Hoglander

Bailey Gaudette MacEwen / Podkolzin

Roussel Beagle Sutter

On 1/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, Sbriggs said:

Just heard a interesting idea, Bo+Jake+1st for Dubois

Bo is a fair trade for Dubois on his own.   Wonder how many points Bo would rack up with Panarin on his wing for one year ... Dubois has had better wingers, and when we are at home Horvats line is often played against the other teams best.      No need to add Jake and a first. 

On 1/17/2021 at 9:44 AM, vannuck59 said:

PLD wont go to the peg the Habs may have the inside track . Vancouver if he would come would need to give up a lot this is a Franchise changing trade. I know people would be made about this but what they want and what we could give up . Miller plus Virtanen and Juolevi for PLD . Put EP on the wing and Brisebois to replace Juolevi. Virtanen can be replaced by Bailey. When Podkolzin comes in he can play third line min until he is ready for the top 6

EP        PLD     Boeser

Pearson Horvat Hoglander

Bailey Gaudette MacEwen / Podkolzin

Roussel Beagle Sutter

You know Miller is better right now then PLD?   This isn’t an upgrade, but bargaining on futures.   For me at least it’s disconcerting that a player that young wants out already and lowers his trade value as well.   It’s too early yet to determine actual values, this is a massive risk - OJ still has an outside chance on having equal value on his own (although unlikely).   No way PLD improves our first line for at least two maybe three years.   Get it’s possible to that we have a long term improvement...but it for sure at best it’s a lateral move right now just for Miller.    Losing JV and OJ too is absolutely not worth the trade for us both now and in the long term. 

Edited by IBatch

On 1/17/2021 at 4:42 AM, filthycanuck said:

Not necessarily for most instances, but for PLD? Dubois wont get as many goals, but he'll help you in the win column big time. PLD can play centre or wing and is extremely talented. He'll get you 25-35 goals , and can play any position, any special teams you put him in. Dubois is a more complete player than Boeser

This is the only trade I’d consider.   Seems fair too.   Both could become stars.   Both are not quite there yet.  

11 hours ago, IBatch said:

Bo is a fair trade for Dubois on his own.   Wonder how many points Bo would rack up with Panarin on his wing for one year ... Dubois has had better wingers, and when we are at home Horvats line is often played against the other teams best.      No need to add Jake and a first. 

Mmmmmm I think it has to be Bo+, but I just heard it. I wouldn't give a 1st + Bo