The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

I'm gonna be the contrarian here, I love the effort level of Hoglander but he's been a little out of his depth the last few games. He's got the tools to eventually figure it out but he's been skating into dead ends and trying to force passes to the wrong people at the wrong times. I will admit its pretty tough for a rookie to get thrown onto the shutdown line on the road to start his career though.

Agreed with most, if not all of that. A bit of steam has been lost from the Hog Express, but he is not even close to the most pressing of our problems right now. The effort is still there from him. I do fear that Green may be looking for an excuse to sit the kid....because I think he’ll go the conservative route of sitting a rook vs. a vet.

I’d lean towards keeping the same line up, more or less, for a couple of home games...if results are still similar on the ice then let Green go all mad-scientist with the lineup. Heck, I’d throw Rathbone in there.

Just now, b3. said:

Yeah, it’s Luongos fault :lol:. Sven Bartschi should be on this team, TG just is to loyal to Sutter.

Sutter may be overpaid but Baertschi is useless as a bottom 6 forward and not good enough to be a top 6 forward.

Sutter can PK, is good on face offs, can chip in when healthy. Not to mention C versus W they were never competing for a spot to begin with. Ridiculous comparison wadr 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

Once in a while, sure? But like @Junkyard Dog is saying, it's not a recipe for success.

The few times we've been good under Benning is when X goaltender is standing on his head no matter how brutal the boys play in front of him. The chances of one of our goalies stealing an entire season + playoffs are well, you know, not very good.

Exhibit A is the porous defence Benning has iced every year. Schmidt was a great pickup but if we are to go anywhere, guys like him need to be added to the core, not replace a core guy like Tanev. That's 1 step forward but 1 step back.

Dude.. I’ve disagreed with you lots .. even argued with you a few times.  I’m seeing your point of view.. more and more... 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GetFocht said:

Sven and Loui could slot in for any number of guys tonight.

Can’t believe I’m saying this.

Sutter isn’t a centre anymore, therefore LE is a better option for penalty kill and fourth line. He is way better defensively than Sutter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zfetch said:

Guys don't worry it's all just luck.

Flip a coing 4 times and you have a 12.5% chance we go W L L L.

Law of average numbers say we're due for a couple wins. Stay positive boys and girls!

Maybe your onto something.  I'm going to think about that a bit more during my Unicorn ride home along the Rainbow to FaLaLa land !

27 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Tyler Myers - 6M
Loui Eriksson - 6M
Brandon Sutter - 4.375M
Michael Ferland - 3.5M
Roberto Luengo 3M
Antoinne Roussel - 3M
Jay Beagle - 3M
Jordie Benn - 2M
Sven Bartschi 2.291M
Ryan Spooner - 1.033M

"Foundational" players.

Bright side is no one signed this past year is on that list - hopefully JB has learned to not go shopping hungry again...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Sutter may be overpaid but Baertschi is useless as a bottom 6 forward and not good enough to be a top 6 forward.

Sutter can PK, is good on face offs, can chip in when healthy. Not to mention C versus W they were never competing for a spot to begin with. Ridiculous comparison wadr 

Sutter can't clear the god damn puck, Baertschi your right why do we need him he aint gonna help. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

The Point

Your head 

The Canucks knew about recapture since the 2013 CBA was implemented, and while the current GM inherited this issue, he still chose to spend the amount of money he did that put him in this mess.

If you want to complain about 3M in dead cap from Luongo, you should be fuming that we're also paying 3M for Ryan Spooner and Sven Baertschi to play hockey elsewhere.

• Cheers 1