The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Schmidt is bad defensively. 

No, the whole team is bad right now. Just, as a whole they’re playing awful. No one to be singled out they’re all just playing bad.

Edited by Petey40

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

The Canucks knew about recapture since the 2013 CBA was implemented, and while the current GM inherited this issue, he still chose to spend the amount of money he did that put him in this mess.

If you want to complain about 3M in dead cap from Luongo, you should be fuming that we're also paying 3M for Ryan Spooner and Sven Baertschi to play hockey elsewhere.

Baertschi was a good deal when signed and injury derailed his career, not going to fume over bad luck.

Spooner got us out of Gagner who was a flop here and everywhere since. 

I’ve been banging the recapture is garbage drum since 2013, retroactively penalizing contracts that were legal and league approved is and was beyond stupid. 

26 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Which ones? These ones?

Tyler Myers - 6M
Loui Eriksson - 6M
Brandon Sutter - 4.375M
Michael Ferland - 3.5M
Roberto Luengo 3M
Antoinne Roussel - 3M
Jay Beagle - 3M
Jordie Benn - 2M
Sven Bartschi 2.291M
Ryan Spooner - 1.033M

•  

Roberto Yo La Tengo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

No, the whole team is bad right now. Just, as a whole they’re playing awful. No one to be singled out they’re all just playing bad.

Half our top six weren’t with the team last year so i’m cutting the D some slack for them to figure out their chemistry. I think they’ll be all right once Schmidt/Hamonic get accustomed to Green’s systems and Quinn/OJ will gain more experience as we go. Myers is looking better. Once the others get going, hopefully they’re going to be all right.

3 minutes ago, 1-d said:

More important thing is "why" those turnovers and penalties kept happening, and what the coach did/didn't do to stop them.

He is working with a group that just lost 3 VERY important players to the makeup of team moral. 

• Vintage 1

You don't forget how to coach or play in a few months. To me, the team looks gutted. Stetcher, Tanev, Marky, JT all missing from that room to start the year. They look like their gramma just died. They will find there mojo again but it will need to be with this different combination of players. Hopefully with this home stand.