The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, b3. said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this.

Sutter isn’t a centre anymore, therefore LE is a better option for penalty kill and fourth line. He is way better defensively than Sutter.

Painful I know. I was looking it over. Even for a game or two it may light a fire or maybe LE or SB catch a bit of fire.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I just heard Jeff Paterson was saying that ok was at 66.7 percent and ok is 0%. Lol. That is really bad if you think you are one player short of being a Stanley cup team like Benning is saying.

OK.

Just now, rekker said:

You don't forget how to coach or play in a few months. To me, the team looks gutted. Stetcher, Tanev, Marky, JT all missing from that room to start the year. They look like their gramma just died. They will find there mojo again but it will need to be with this different combination of players. Hopefully with this home stand. 

Exactly what I just posted.  Huge losses. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Screenshot_20210118-210846_Twitter.jpg

Just now, EmilyM said:

Half our top six weren’t with the team last year so i’m cutting the D some slack for them to figure out their chemistry. I think they’ll be all right once Schmidt/Hamonic get accustomed to Green’s systems and Quinn/OJ will gain more experience as we go. Myers is looking better. Once the others get going, hopefully they’re going to be all right.

I was hoping that Green would play OJ more during games like these to give him more experience and rest our vets 

Screenshot_20210118-210745_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Half our top six weren’t with the team last year so i’m cutting the D some slack for them to figure out their chemistry. I think they’ll be all right once Schmidt/Hamonic get accustomed to Green’s systems and Quinn/OJ will gain more experience as we go. Myers is looking better. Once the others get going, hopefully they’re going to be all right.

I'd prefer if Baumer adjusted his idiotic system to accommodate the new talent better.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

Tyler Myers - 6M
Loui Eriksson - 6M
Brandon Sutter - 4.375M
Michael Ferland - 3.5M
Roberto Luengo 3M
Antoinne Roussel - 3M
Jay Beagle - 3M
Jordie Benn - 2M
Sven Bartschi 2.291M
Ryan Spooner - 1.033M

Nice stats bit what is even more scarier then that?

Our top 6 have Zero points in the last 3 games, except for Miller's assist tonight. Boeser,Petey,Bo,Pearson,Hoglander  pointless.

The PP? Hasn't scored yet this season, 4 games in.

The two guys with the least amount of ice time? ............had 5 shots and the other had a goal. 

20 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I’d love to see Schmidt grow into one of the culture setters here too. If he can do for us a fraction of what he did with the Vegas culture, we’re golden.

Yeah the team needs a new identity to reflect the new core - hopefully, something with an edge to it.  Imo, Miller would be a good pick since (based on rumours that the teams best player) EP and Miller are pretty close.  Unfortunately, Bo is more familiar with the Sedins type of leadership which was perfect for those version of the Canucks...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd prefer if Baumer adjusted his idiotic system to accommodate the new talent better.

There's only one defense system Baumgartner knows and it's not the opposite of an idiotic system. We'll never stop getting hemmed in.