The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

The other night Trotz admitted his team was garbage yet Green wont admit it with his team 

if Green does not emphasize the need to improve how will the players? 

canucks are garbage right now. but not sure if the coach publicly announcing it is going to do any good.

Green has to really work his ass off tho and figure out how to fix offensive zone entry. the passing from the neutral zone out is $&!#. 1st line is too panicky. hughes spending too much time fishing out pucks from the boards and losing those battles. need to delegate that to his d partner. 

• Cheers 1

Tippett has an excuse in Edmonton, zero goaltending and pathetic D. The has 2 star forwards and thats it 

Green has a much better roster and is severely underperforming 

of the oilers ate crazy enough to dump Tippett we should snap him up 

but I like Gallant as well 

4 hours ago, gizmo2337 said:

Hey, @-Vintage Canuck-, I was thinking about your alphabet soup good luck charm post. Maybe it doesn't work the way you think?

Maybe it only works as a toggle to the current streak and posting it in the win streak brought on a loss? Since we lost the last one, I think you should post it.  B)

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Let's see if you're right. :) 

image.jpeg.65ca2619f90497901ae9c3640985f

Nope, that didn’t work either.

• Haha 1

Edler really should be nowhere near the top four at this stage in his career. He’s been on for most of the pk goals against but he shouldn’t be playing this many minutes anyway. They need to start putting the young guys in and seeing what they got. Edler isn’t going to get any better. I guess it just shows where this team is at when they still need to rely on him so heavily.

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Agree, bring in the coaching replacement early to work with the core now and get his system in place 

Yeah that's why I say give Greener 8-12 more games(I know you'd do it asap). Give the new coach at least 1/2 or 2/3 of the season to learn the roster and teach the players. Better prepare them for next year in this sort of scenario.

Habs have given us trouble the last few years and we play them for the next 3 games... This next week could be a pivotal moment for the teams mental.

8 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

My despise for Newell Brown aside ,the season rests in Petterssons’ hands . If he can’t get the top line putting pucks in the net there isn’t enough scoring by committee to get things done.

Perhaps this is the teams (secret) plan to get a discounted deal with EP & QH; plus the added bonus of a potential lottery pick.  Hmmmm, since it is only 50+ games of misery instead of 82 (?).

Conspiracy or fact, guess we will find out.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Perhaps this the teams plan to get a discounted deal with EP & QH plus the added bonus of a potential lottery pick.  Hmmmm, since it is only 50+ games of misery instead of 82 (?).

Conspiracy or fact, guess we will find out.

Imagine Colorado only sucking for 48 games one year, where absolutely nobody was beating Chicago and winding up with MacKinnon

I believe we were swept by the sharks that year 

Edited by Zhukini

3 minutes ago, Jetliner said:

canucks are garbage right now. but not sure if the coach publicly announcing it is going to do any good.

Green has to really work his ass off tho and figure out how to fix offensive zone entry. the passing from the neutral zone out is $&!#. 1st line is too panicky. hughes spending too much time fishing out pucks from the boards and losing those battles. need to delegate that to his d partner. 

Agree 

breakout from inside out blue line out is awful

forecheck is weak 

nobody wants yo take the shot, they all want to make the pass 

they say they are going to dUmmy down the pp but they don't 

the coaching sucks 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yeah that's why I say give Greener 8-12 more games(I know you'd do it asap). Give the new coach at least 1/2 or 2/3 of the season to learn the roster and teach the players. Better prepare them for next year in this sort of scenario.

Habs have given us trouble the last few years and we play them for the next 3 games... This next week could be a pivotal moment for the teams mental.

Any suggestion on who would be a good coach ?  Imo, re vamp the assistants to get some new voice in the locker room before going all out.