The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

12 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Then that speaks poorly of the Nucks. Certainly tanev and Marky have stepped into their new roles with calgary well.  That veteran d men coming here struggle so much to learn our d system makes me think Baumgartner is the reason our d zone coverage and breakouts suck donkey balls. 

Even Schmidt is looking lost/less effective based on my untrained eye test (I guess playing with an aging Edler vs a younger Theodore will do that)...

Revamp roster + same staff = same style of play...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, singing chef said:

Is Gerard Gallant still available ?

Question would be if Gallant would come here.  Schmidt better put on that PR cap if he wants to see playoff hockey this year.   

Side note: this board is probably a two game winning streak away from having a different tone - GCG !

Edited by ShawnAntoski

20 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

Vegas system is very quick crisp with long passes alas to Tuch which neutralize forechecks in an instant. But you need players that can make and recieve that pass. And would not be possible if our forwards collapse low under our current system.

Players can and will adapt, especially if the system benefits there skillset...

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 hour ago, 250Integra said:

Maybe the problem with the Canucks PP is they’re practicing against the Canucks PK

The Canucks PP oftentimes gets caught off guard by how aggressive the other team's PK is, seemingly as if they just expect the PK to be as passive as our own.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Question would be if Gallant would come here.  Schmidt better put on that PR cap if he wants to see playoff hockey this year.   

Side note: this board is probably a two game winning streak away from having a different tone - GCG !

Only because to win 2 games, the nucks would have to play a significantly  better standard of game.  In that case, a different tone would be warranted.  The crap they have put on the ice the last 3 games deserves the current tone. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

Vegas system is very quick crisp with long passes alas to Tuch which neutralize forechecks in an instant. But you need players that can make and recieve that pass. And would not be possible if our forwards collapse low under our current system.

I definitely think the collapse of our players toward the slot hinders our puck retrieval as well as our breakouts.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, dougieL said:

I definitely think the collapse of our players toward the slot hinders our puck retrieval as well as our breakouts.

Exactly many occasions our d clears or tries to make a pass under pressure but no forward near the blue line to exit or lead the counter attack. This leads to turnovers and countless times hemmed in our own zone. The coaching staff is repeating the same mistakes.

• Upvote 1

We had a horrific 2nd period that cost us the game. And the undisciplined 3rd didn't help.

Up until that point some things I liked;

- Travis Hamonic looks like he's getting better

- Hoglanders awareness is rly impressive. There's things every game with him that standout.

- Demko was pretty good. Game wasn't his fault.

- In the first period Gaudette & Juolevi did some good things

- PP looked better in the 1st period (trainwreck from there)

• Cheers 1

Canucks, on paper, have a well enough roster to do some damage.  I blame the coaching staff. Everyone needs to go; not just green.

If the Canucks cannot handle teams like Edmonton and Calgary, then they certainly will get destroyed by ...well everyone!   Toronto will destroy them!   

I know it’s only been 4 games... it’s how they’ve played in those 4 games that has me concerned, not so much the losses, just their lack lustre, unmotivated, lazy play. 

tank for the other hughes brother?