The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Hockey Analysts Inc. 

Must be a super exclusive business. No website even! 

Either that or it is not, in fact, your "job" to analyze the team. Whereas Green has carried the team two rounds into the playoffs against the odds and knows the team better than you ever will. Even if I accept your premise he is a "bad coach" in comparison to other options he is paid big bucks by an NHL team for a reason.

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Oh the season ends after 4 games? Someone should let SN know they schedule a double header tonight. 

5 percent of the season against divisional opponents 

You know that is a huge issue 

and its not a matter of puck luck, we have major issues 

Just now, canuck2288 said:

5 percent of the season against divisional opponents 

You know that is a huge issue 

and its not a matter of puck luck, we have major issues 

Heard the same rhetoric last year, we were 1 game from the conference finals. 

Green has earned more than 5 games this year. So save the whining about the coach unless were still in this situation deeper in the season

Looks like the Canucks missed their very narrow window (last season when they had Marky) Maybe there will be another window in later years when Demko elevates his game. The team is a bit handcuffed with bad contracts (Beagle, Roussel, Eriksson, Sutter, Luongo's penalty), nd I figure once those are off the books, then they will be in a better position to contend. And here I thought they'd be hoisting the Cup in 2022 lol 

Edited by NUCKER67

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Newell handles the PP that is literally Newell’s job, why is that so hard to grasp? 

You fail to accept the fact that we have a head coach and the assistants report  to the head coach 

green hires and fires the assistants and has the final say 

don't shelter him from the ultimate accountability 

he could fire Brown at any point or over ride him and he chooses to do neither 

that is on Green 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lay all the blame on the coach and all the success is in spite of them. 100% how to not be a good analyst. 

How do you call yourself a good analyst then say Green has zero game plan. You literally don't become or stay an NHL coach with zero game plan. 

it's because people think of hockey players and coaches and execs as NPC videogame characters instead of human beings. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Heard the same rhetoric last year, we were 1 game from the conference finals. 

Green has earned more than 5 games this year. So save the whining about the coach unless were still in this situation deeper in the season

How deep in a 56 game season do we need to go before the season is lost?

he is not our long term guy and he will not win us a Cup. Lets get our guy in soon so he can put in his systems 

i wish we grabbed  Deboer when we had a chance but i will take Gallant 

7 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

You mean blindly and question nothing ?

is this a cult? 

real fans want the team to be the best it can be 

no, fan(atic)s are there to support the team, through thick and thin. 

the problem is fans on the internet trying to be bob mckenzie. 

• Cheers 3

4 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

You fail to accept the fact that we have a head coach and the assistants report  to the head coach 

green hires and fires the assistants and has the final say 

don't shelter him from the ultimate accountability 

he could fire Brown at any point or over ride him and he chooses to do neither 

that is on Green 

Actually the GM and Coach handle the assistants as well as the team owner. So again that is not SOLELY on Green. You’re scapegoating does not line up with reality 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tas said:

no, fan(atic)s are there to support the team, through thick and thin. 

the problem is fans on the internet trying to be bob mckenzie. 

You think questioning our decisions is not supporting the team ? 

i happen to be the preeminent hockey expert on this forum so of course i am going to highlight changes that need to be made to make MY team better 

Just fall into line and question nothing? Man you need to move to China or perhaps North Korea 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Haha 4
  • Wat 2

3 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

How deep in a 56 game season do we need to go before the season is lost?

he is not our long term guy and he will not win us a Cup. Lets get our guy in soon so he can put in his systems 

i wish we grabbed  Deboer when we had a chance but i will take Gallant 

One game from the conference finals with a team everyone picked to be a basement team. And Jack Adams talk lol he’s earned this season, period, end of story. 

I agree Newell should be gassed at least I've been saying that since he was rehired. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Actually the GM and Coach hand the assistants as well as the team owner. So again that is not SOLELY on Green. You’re scapegoating does not line up with reality 

Every coach brings HIS assistants and in every pro sport, the assistants are the coach’s call 

you know that 

7 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

You seriously don’t  see serious flaws in our game?

just bad luck? 

we have been hot garbage. The sooner we admit it the sooner we can address it

are fans supposed to be happy that we were just schooled by arch enemies the last 3 games? 

Yeah there are flaws but Iam hoping this is just an early season funk.

Just keeping the mantra - The key to happiness as a Canuck fan is to have lower expectations.  All kidding aside, I hope they some how put it together cause this is a shorten season.   

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

You think questioning our decisions is not supporting the team ? 

i happen to be the preeminent hockey expert on this forum so of course i am going to highlight changes that meed to be made to make MY team better 

Just fall into line and question nothing? Man you need to move to China or perhaps North Korea 

Questioning is fine, Fire Green the second anything goes wrong is not questioning. Lol 

• Cheers 1