Sign in to follow this  
SNuck

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

It doesn't matter how good the players are, if the goaltending is questionable, the team won't win. Benning had a decision to make - keep Demko as the goalie of the future or move on from him and keep the team MVP - Markstrom.  He made a choice and here we are.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

It doesn't matter how good the players are, if the goaltending is questionable, the team won't win. Benning had a decision to make - keep Demko as the goalie of the future or move on from him and keep the team MVP - Markstrom.  He made a choice and here we are.

Lol oh come on, the goaltending definitely hasn’t been the issue the past 3 games. Next to Tyler Myers and Gaudette they’ve been our best players.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Jwclau said:

Well well well, do people still think Markstrom should have been let go? The best goalie we've ever had who stood on his head to make a save wasn't resigned for some stupid reason. Why does Canuck mgmt. not hold onto the hardest playing members of the team? The harder you play, the more likely u r to be traded (Markstrom, Tanev, Stetcher,...). It seems like mgmt. respects players without grit, and sacrifice like Linden, Myers, Ericson, Virtanen,... who float around and don't impact the game. Losing faith in the team fast, even with all the talent, it's nothing without players who will sacrifice! Too many posers on the team, as usual.

I like Markstrom as much as everyone else but I dont think hes the best goalie we have ever had.  He was not so good for us for long stretches, even made the waiver wire once.  There were years where I would cringe when he was the starter. Id say he was really good for 2-3 years.  I have a feeling that Calgary will be looking at that contract in about 3-4 years and thinking...how can we unload this.

• Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

Lol oh come on, the goaltending definitely hasn’t been the issue the past 3 games. Next to Tyler Myers and Gaudette they’ve been our best players.

Pretty much. The top line blows goats right now. Why can't some just admit that? 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Wasn't expecting a start like this, the troubling part isn't the losses, it's getting outplayed in every corner of the ice. And those special teams.... Wow. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Petey40 said:

In his 2 games, Demko's GAA is 4.65 and a SV% under 0.900

He's been bad so far

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Pretty much. The top line blows goats right now. Why can't some just admit that? 

Exactly, tbh it’s the silver lining through these past 3 games. Canucks top 6 has been invisible and playing awful, but it’s not gonna stay like that forever. 

• Hydration 2

49 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I see CDC has devolved into its natural state.

Time to take a break until we string together some wins.

I logged out when the gdt became panicked bashing of every player/coach during the game. I think your onto something.

• Hydration 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

In his 2 games, Demko's GAA is 4.65 and a SV% under 0.900

He's been bad so far

They took 7 penalties last night and the game before that they let mcdavid do whatever he wants to them. Demko isn’t to blame, the team in front of him hasn’t been good.

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Montreal will crush Vancouver, if the Canucks can't collectively pull their heads out of their asses. 

Can only imagine the PGTs if we get swept by the Habs. You gotta think heads would be close to rolling at the point.

2 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Can only imagine the PGTs if we get swept by the Habs. You gotta think heads would be close to rolling at the point.

I'm going to get a kick out of it regardless. 

This Is Fine Out Of Control GIF by Sunnyside

• Hydration 1

Markstrom got us to the playoffs after 6 long years and what do we do? We trade him! God help me, there are too many armchair athletes in Vancouver who don't remember Mark's thousands of highlight reel saves.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jwclau said:

Markstrom got us to the playoffs after 6 long years and what do we do? We trade him! God help me, there are too many armchair athletes in Vancouver who don't remember Mark's thousands of highlight reel saves.

jesus deal with it GIF

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Let me just say I personally appreciate the time and energy that an expert of your magnitude provides.

Thank you my friend 

it feedback like that that frankly makes it all worthwhile 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Thank you my friend 

it feedback like that that frankly makes it all worthwhile 

Thumbs GIF by Sesame Street

7 minutes ago, Jwclau said:

We didn't trade him.   He was a free agent and opted to leave for $$.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Lmao anyone that claims to be the “preeminent hockey expert of this forum” and then just spams FIRE GREEN every day is definitely not a hockey expert. You’re really full of yourself 

The fact that i am the preeminent hockey expert should not be held against me 

guys like JB and I know that Green is not the long term solution for the team 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1