The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, TNucks1 said:

prefer debrusk, i respect what shes accomplished, but her voice on the commentary and always pointing out the obvious annoys me, im not gunna mute it but really rather have someone else, i need shorty and cheech back.

It's not just the obvious, it's taking 20s to point out the obvious while talking over the play happening. Talked over Edler going to dressing room, didn't even see it. Poor flames fans would be going crazy if they weren't busy beating their wives 

5 hours ago, Wilfred said:

Glad Miller is back. No doubt he was a gigantic loss. He’s one of THE leaders, I imagine along with Bo. His impact on the ice and off is priceless.

If Miller being hurt is going to impact the Canucks that badly then the team has problems with depth.

• Upvote 3
  • Huggy Bear 1
25 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

If Miller being hurt is going to impact the Canucks that badly then the team has problems with depth.

True. But not many teams can take a loss of a first line player as if though it were a mosquito bite. Well, maybe Tampa can as they won a cup without Stamkos and now without Kucherov.

• Hydration 1
3 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Someone needs to do this to Tkachuk 

Someone needs to do a lot more than just that. Can't stand the f'n scum bag. 

• Hydration 1
5 hours ago, Davathor said:

It's not just the obvious, it's taking 20s to point out the obvious while talking over the play happening. Talked over Edler going to dressing room, didn't even see it. Poor flames fans would be going crazy if they weren't busy beating their wives 

This and the voice doesn’t  make for good colour commenting..early in the game it was obvious she had some talking points she wanted to add, and did the same thing - took 20 seconds to make a point while the play was on and the action was good (not a lull in play)...I’m sure her timing will improve, but it was aggravating at times.    Debrusk is fine.   Her voice sounds like someone’s pinching her nose all the time and at least one other body part is holding something in. 

Love that JT is back. But what the Canucks showed us for the past few games wasn’t just due to the absence of Miller. Something was just....off.

Another thing that slightly worries me is what if we get just “okay” goaltending this year? How much of our success in recent times was due to “above average” to “excellent” net minding by Marky?

Anyway, just a few random thoughts early on a Monday morning. Look forward to a bounce back by JT and the boys!

• Upvote 1

It’ll be tough for them

to play worse than last game.

markstroms going to love playing Vancouver after the easiest shut out he ever had. 
hopefully Miller can inject some compete into the lifeless team we watched . 

Pp terrible 0 for 3 ( games that is) 

pk terrible 

defence terrible  most passive d in the league. 
hope they can figure sht out or it’ll be a capped out long short season. 

Under “normal” circumstances you could chalk up the entire Edler cut incident to a freak accident however when you factor that in with the Scheifffle play you see a disturbing pattern of intent to injure. 

make no mistake, just like the scheiffle play, this was a disguised intent to injure. 

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

Love that JT is back. But what the Canucks showed us for the past few games wasn’t just due to the absence of Miller. Something was just....off.

Another thing that slightly worries me is what if we get just “okay” goaltending this year? How much of our success in recent times was due to “above average” to “excellent” net minding by Marky?

Anyway, just a few random thoughts early on a Monday morning. Look forward to a bounce back by JT and the boys!

Special teams straight up cost us points. Lackadaisical defensive structure didn't help either, but..

0/9 on the PP

5/10 on the PK

..In the last 2 games has been the dagger. That's remarkably bad. Gotta reverse that trend tonight.

• Hydration 1

No updates on QH43? 
Yahoo has him as day-to-day as he missed Sunday's practice. 
I'm guessing from the lack of conversation about an injury from media or fans, it's probably no big deal and he'll play tonight. 

Hope so anyways!

Go Canucks Go

5-2 Win

Boeser x 2 

Gaud

Petey

Juolevi gets his first

:towel: