The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I have a funny feeling we won't be seeing 50/50 starts this year. 

I think it will be pretty close to that. I think Holtby will get a slight edge, but something like 60/40 or 55/45 type of range.

I think they feel Demko is pretty much ready, but they aren't quite comfortable in taking the training wheels off, just yet.

40 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The first goalie off the ice usually means that they will be starting the game.

Thanks Vintage.  Wow after 20+ years of watching hockey, I learned something today

They noted Holtby was in the starter's net today...

OOOh the suspense

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Well we did have Cooke and Ruutu ad  I did love those guys..

And Kesler and Burrows...

For the most part, those guys would get in your face and make you hate playing against. But Cooke turned into a dirty player after he left, which I despise. Hard hitting and taking the body, no problem. But once you cross that line, you're done. I'd take Miller over Tkaschmuk any day. Linden played hard, but fair. There is a difference. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

True.  Wasn’t JT playing on Tampa’s 3rd line.

He was. But he was also on pp #1. 
Our powerplay has been missing him. I hope he hits the ground running tonight and sparks the pp. Otherwise this thread is going to be gruelling. 

I wonder if the dip in PK can be attributed to the loss of Tanev.  He is an amazing shot blocker and a solid dman

Hamonic was thrown in there and I think he needs to get into game shape before given those duties. I also think there is the unfamiliarity playing with Elder too which will improve over time. 

Well we did have Cooke and Ruutu ad  I did love those guys..

And Kesler and Burrows...

I wasn’t very big on Cooke. 
I was thinking more about Bertuzzi / Moore the other day, and realized that If Cooke didn’t first try to fight Moore (and lost in his attempt), Moore may have been more willing to drop gloves with Bertuzzi. Why did Cooke have to use that game as one of the very few times he was willing to fight? It just added to the frustration.

• Cheers 2