The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Can’t wait for the “It’s just game 4” in the PGT’s

It's just game 4... Why wait until PGT?

Seriously, it's just game 4. But I am concerned about our intensity. I missed the first period so maybe it wasn't too bad in the 1st? Almost no hitting, no physicality.

It's as if though our players are not as hungry as the previous season where they felt like they had to prove themselves.

This season is going to be unlike any other and we will have to bring it every game or bye-bye playoffs. 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Krinjer33 said:

It would be really nice if our Superstars started playing like Superstars. 

That.

Just that.

And no, Harmonic should NOT. be the 1D on this team. He’s being used as such. This is Hughes’ team and since the Edler - Schmidt duo is going so well, Myers should be with Hughes at all times. 

Especially if Myers will tickle the Tkachucks of the Division on the chin like he just did.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

They were nowhere near as gutless as Tkachuk.  They weren't saints but only a fanbase as classless as the Flamers would have an iota of respect for that gutless piece of garbage.  Character matters and the Turtle is a cancer in any respectable franchise's locker room.  Absolute scum and the league will be a better place once he gets Bertuzzi'd like he deserves.

Tkachuk answers the bell when needed too. Perfect example being the Kassian situation.

5 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Still wondering why the ref let Monohan cross check Petey twice before calling Petey on the retaliation ?

Not only that, but Monahan clearly embellished there. Petey slashed him in the chest, not the mouth.

I know the ref couldn't see it from that angle. but goddamn we could use a break.

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I’m sorry I didn’t know it bothered you. I meant it in good humour. As a longtime member and frequent GDT contributor I have nothing but respect for you. 

Omg no no no, I didnt mean it like that! It makes me laugh, its always funny remembering that moment and every time y'all call me out for it, its genuinely hilarious. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, J-23 said:

Trade for a goon.

Reaves.

Wilson.

Idgaf we need someone that isn’t afraid to throw a hit.

I don't know if our guys skate with some of the Lames in the off season, but the lack of physical play on our end is embarrassing against a rival.

Jake had Ratchuk lined up in that period and instead he tried to half ass block a pass.

NOBODY on our blueline steps up, or roughs up Goodrow and Monahan. Our 'vets' Sutter and Beagle are soft af. Motte is too small to make a difference physically on the forecheck. Roussel left his peskiness in Dallas and we scratched our only big man MacEwen lol. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

something seems off. pettersson, hughes, horvat all not looking like themselves. 

this team looks like it's missing the magic last year's team had. like the 2011-12 canucks vs the 2010--11 canucks. 

Honestly I'm not one for excuses. But 4 games in 6 nights on the road will do that to you. 

I'm not happy with what I see but I'll save judgment for our first home game. 

Whenever that may be.

• Vintage 1