The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, b3. said:

I would take him over 75% of our forward group. Don’t kid yourself, he is an elite player.

He’s the modern generation Kesler.

sorry but he is a puke. he dives several times a game and he actually gets away with it

It’s easy to over diagnose what’s going on right now... likely just what people predicted before the season: without elite goaltending we’re getting exposed.  First period here and vs Edmonton we had our chances offensively (last game was a bit of a dud). We came out flying this game but only managed 1 vs Marky.  He’s obviously fired up to play us.

Going to have to recommit to playing team D like we did into he playoffs. Team has too much talent not to score and the PP will figure it out eventually. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, b3. said:

Dude, I’m pissed too haha.

But literally what Kesler and Burr did for years. I miss them so much.

Kesler was as embarrassing when he dived, same with Burrows. I don’t recollect ever stating that they made me proud as a fan when they did that. Tkachuk also has zero respect for other players safety. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If he was on a respectable team, the leadership would be telling him to cut that garbage out before one of their stars gets hurt.  As he's not, it's up the the NHL/other team's enforcers to do the right thing and end his pitiful excuse for a career.  His fat **** of a dad must be ashamed to have this worthless dirtbag for a son.

I get why he didn't want anything to do with kassian, but man someone else needs to try and knock some sense into him. But then he would fall like he was shot and turtle up unless the refs were holding the other player.

Our team is suffering from the lingering effects of "SEDIN Syndrome"  where Canuck players think they can win a cup with Finesse and soft (Euro style) play.  Until we shake that mentality they'll continue to look and play like a "cushy Country Club' team.     Torts was right on the money! 

14 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Not only that, but Monahan clearly embellished there. Petey slashed him in the chest, not the mouth.

I know the ref couldn't see it from that angle. but goddamn we could use a break.

Dude was stunned. Not often you get slashed in the chest. 

2 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I would fire green if I was benning. Really bad start to the year where a bad start could kick you out  of the playoffs 

Coaches dont get fired 4 games into the season. I don't think that's ever happened.

Maybe 8-15 games into the year.

There is time to turn it around. Holding onto hope that we haven't regressed, but I'm starting to doubt that.

• Cheers 1

It doesn’t matter if it’s just game 4. They look awful and this is a different style season where every game is a 4 point game. It’s one thing to lose but these past 3 games have just been awful efforts and the top 2 lines have been invisible. (Except for the first period tonight)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1