The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Shames | January 18, 2021 | 6 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Honestly I'm not one for excuses. But 4 games in 6 nights on the road will do that to you. 

I'm not happy with what I see but I'll save judgment for our first home game. 

Whenever that may be.

I'm hoping the same thing. this group has historically been kind of home/road bipolar. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

11 periods into the season and the first line has not had one good period. Not one single &^@#ing period where they’re even just average. Just completely and entirely invisible. Petey has been horrible.

&^@# this teams special teams. They’re so disgustingly bad. It’s a joke. It’s actually a joke that Brown is employed.

Hoglander needs to replace Brock on that top line.  

8 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Trade for a goon.

Reaves.

Wilson.

Idgaf we need someone that isn’t afraid to throw a hit.

I'm pretty sure Green thinks hitting is a waste of time and that the players are better off sticking to soft Euro-Style hockey.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

I have some questions:

How is it that Tkachuk is not a Brazilian soccer player's name?
How is it that refs don't clue into his act? 

Why do referees all idolize Alfred E. Newman, and why are there centerfolds of him in the referee's change room?
Is there a reason when opposition teams bring over an extra player to seal the boards that we don't try a different method of coming out of our zone?
Who coaches our defensive zone play?
Who coaches our useless powerplay?

Why is Pettersson playing like he doesn't give a crap?
Have we renewed Green's contract yet?

• Cheers 1

The d is getting cratered .  It disrupts the ability of the top lines to get possession. Don’t know if it’s personnel, coaching or both. 

meyers ... just a hot mess.  Can’t make the easiest clear on that pk.  Then takes the bait from that weasel .. like a dummy.

ol man Darius us getting to old for this.  Sometimes I wish I can flip a switch in my head and forget About  these guys for a season or two.  

but I’ll be back, suckered like meyers was suckered 

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Green needs to actually coach and get his team under control. He looks like a rank amateur right now. Not calling a timeout was stupid. 

Our coaching staff is really overrated when the team plays well.

Newell Brown was fired for a reason, his powerplays are notorious for standstill movement. Everyone in the league knows it.

Baumgartner couldn’t ever play defense worth a damn, and his tactics display that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1