The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

need some line changes, I suggest swapping hoglander with Boeser for a while and putting motte on the 3rd line to make that line defensively competent

Miller-Petterson-Hoglander

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Motte-Gaudette-Virtanen

Roussell-Beagle-Sutter

I likey. 

18 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

need some line changes, I suggest swapping hoglander with Boeser for a while and putting motte on the 3rd line to make that line defensively competent

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Motte-Gaudette-Virtanen

Roussell-Beagle-Sutter

is that for the whole first period, or does te blender start in the 5th minute?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Motte-Gaudette-Virtanen

Roussell-Beagle-Sutter

Its sad its gone this bad, but Im almost on the boat that I'd have anybody else in the lineup other than Rousel. He had a good first season here but damn, his play has gone down the dumpster. Absolutely does F-all

4 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Canucks keys to the game :

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy! 

What did you think of season 3? =p I just want to randomly yell at somebody "Quiet!!!"" just like how Johnny does it. That show is absolute gold. If anybody here isn't watching Cobra Kai, you're missing out BIG TIME

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Let's turn this thing around....early enough that we can consider those preseason games and still make up for lost ground.  

Hope Petey gets going because that'll likely have a ripple effect.

Not sure when but Peteys gonna explode soon, he's obviously peed off and he's to good to not breakout soon.

Listing to a few out of town and one in town, they make a lot of points about all the turnover.

3 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

What did you think of season 3? =p I just want to randomly yell at somebody "Quiet!!!"" just like how Johnny does it. That show is absolute gold. If anybody here isn't watching Cobra Kai, you're missing out BIG TIME

Haven't made it to season 3 yet, still on 2nd. Pretty awesome show so far.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I wish we had a player all the other teams hated.

It ironic that a lot of people sort of hoped we would get out of Ferlands contract to create cap when in reality he would be perfect in these playoff-style games. He was expected to be a big piece of the core and I hope he somehow makes it back next season. A year and a half is a long time to rest.

11 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Their PK is running at 86% too. They shut down McDavid and Draisatl 10/10 PP over 2 games. 

The Oilers PP was terrible, they really miss the left shot of Klef, Barrie looks lost out there. I guess it's moot tho with how we look on the PP, gotta figure with that talent and resume, somethings gotta give. I wonder if Petey is hurt? He looks like a completely diff player.

8 hours ago, longsuffering said:

Having watched the Habs games Toffoli must be a big disappointment for them. He has looked very average hence the 3rd line. However, as a team the Habs are playing fast and furious and very well defensively. We are in big trouble if we play like we did in the last three games, could lose all three. Lets hope the change of scenery works some magic!

Go Canucks

He's always been on the 3rd line but I'm not surprised he's struggling given the huge downgrade from the lotto-line.

2 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Motte-Gaudette-Virtanen

Roussell-Beagle-Sutter

I like those but id put Sutter on the 3rd  for defensive reasons, plus  he and Jake work well together. I'd put AG on the 3LW and put Motte on the 4th.

21 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

It ironic that a lot of people sort of hoped we would get out of Ferlands contract to create cap when in reality he would be perfect in these playoff-style games. He was expected to be a big piece of the core and I hope he somehow makes it back next season. A year and a half is a long time to rest.

How is that ironic? And what is your point here? 

The REALITY is that Ferland has always had concussion concerns even before making his debut as a Canuck. 

And the fact that he’s injured means he’s contributing nothing towards the success of the team, and until he has fully figured out his concussion issues we won’t be seeing him anytime soon.

So a move to a LTIR or other solution to free up both money and roster spAce actually makes the most sense for the success of the team going forward. 

Let’s deal in reality not hypotheticals.  The so called physical style you refer to is what keeps getting him injured and after numerous head injuries and punches to the head as a result of his style of play,  it seems that it’s caught up with him.