The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

13 minutes ago, CanuckleHorse said:

I honestly think the players don’t like his system and are sick and tired of being made to look bad by an incompetent coach.

When they bought into the system and put forth the effort in the playoffs last season they sure didn't look bad.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

So is Boeser, Horvat, Pearson and Hoglander. Other Top 6ers

Not sure what Green's strategy is here, if there is one. Keep things the same, and then, if it continues to fail, mix all of the lines during the game at some point?

Looks like the lines remain the same in the top 6 and most of them have gone pointless in the last 3 games and the PP has not scored a goal yet. 

Why not switch Hogs and Boeser up? and not for a shift or two I mean for a game or two. Why not change personnel up on PP1?

Flipping all these players around during a game just seems so amateur and makes the coach look like he doesn't know what he is doing or he doesn't know what he has in his players. They have to be getting discouraged by it. I think Jake played on 3 different lines in one game. 

Start the game with a plan and stick to it! If it doesn't work, make changes in practice, not during the game. 

Oh yeah, and it would be nice if he could get his players to skate hard and make a hit every once in awhile, if not, bench them. Too much favoritism going, it appears , and I am sure this doesn't help in team comradery. 

I have to ask you, Does coach Green do anything right in your expert opinion? 

Also what is your coaching back ground ?

Poor Jake had to play on 3 different lines in one game Due to bad coaching? I think Jake owns that one.

Can we ease off all the negativity please

Lets get to game 10 and see where we are at in the standings.  IMHO the boys will turn this around and win some games

Go Canucks go 

Edited by AbrasiveAjax

5 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

When they bought into the system and put forth the effort in the playoffs last season they sure didn't look bad.  

Great point, just 4 months ago and only 3 games since then.

The system seemed to work pretty darn good in the bubble

Go Canucks go 

5 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Great point, just 4 months ago and only 3 games since then.

The system seemed to work pretty darn good in the bubble

Go Canucks go 

I love what we did in terms of winning series in the playoffs however we did frankly steal alot of games 

its not like we ran a shutdown system 

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Yup, if he could help OJ in a bottom pair role during his rookie year and be used on the PK I would consider that a success. We have a 6m Giraffe who is being paid a Ton more who should be playing no less than 2nd pair with that contract he was gifted.

Hamonic should solely be on the bottom pair unless he outplays someone and earns that spot. 

I agree and the 6m Myers has been playing pretty darn good imho

Hamonic is definatly looking rusty but to some extent can be expected 

10 games in we'll have a better idea and hopefully some better team chemistry 

• Cheers 1

Should be a good effort from the Canucks tonight. They have to give full effort otherwise they'll be 1-4, with two more against MTL. The Canadiens D though, is a nasty piece of business, so Pettersson and Hoglander will need to be careful along the boards in the O-zone. They can't take any time to shoot either, just keep firing shots and create some traffic.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

Chatfield has had his chances give freakin Rafferty a chance jesus Green. The guy was way better than Chatfield in AHL.

I was thinking about Rafferty and would love to see what he brings to the team as well.

• Like 1

Green or is it Baumer has zero eye for looking at defensive potential this is why we can't get the freakin puck out of our zone everytime. Chatfield over Rafferty :picard:. Last time it was Sautner before that it was Brisbois lol. Rafferty was better than all of them combined in AHL. It's like putting Benn instead of Schmidt.

Seriously clueless guy.

Edited by PositionOfPower
Chatfield over Rafferty*
  • Wat 1

Gotta mention the game day media questions for Benn. They all but

accused him of purposely injecting Miller with Covid. Take a bow Vancouver

media, you somehow manage to out do yourself with every interview 

that passes. Absolutely zero mind for questions fans really want

asked, just from the hip, hit piece questions to fluff your careers. Bravo!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2021 at 8:05 AM, debluvscanucks said:

Let's turn this thing around....early enough that we can consider those preseason games and still make up for lost ground.  

Hope Petey gets going because that'll likely have a ripple effect.

Fingers crossed the boys can play for more than one period ...otherwise the Habs will burn them big time....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

Green or is it Baumer has zero eye for looking at defensive potential this is why we can't get the freakin puck out of our zone everytime. Chatfield over Rafferty :picard:. Last time it was Sautner before that it was Brisbois lol. Rafferty was better than all of them combined in AHL. It's like putting Benn instead of Schmidt.

Seriously clueless guy.

Sorry but clueless is seriously uncalled for. 

Obviously it's your opinion and thats cool, but seriously they are professional coaches and were professional players that have a clue aboat what they are doing, imho

Go Canucks go