The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

Nice to win, but I had to take out life insurance during the game. We have a horribly porous defence.

Is it just me, or do our D’s that have played elsewhere try to make plays at our blue line when the opponent is attacking, expecting a forward to pick up a check if they are not successful, but no forward picks up an attacker, like ever. Hamonic, Schmidt, Myers, Hughes all got deserted when they tried to make a play at our blue line - no forward back checking fills? 

At least, at home, we were able to get Pettersson’s line away from the opposition’s choice checkers.

I was not optimistic that we used Chatfield, but he was the least of our problems tonight, a solid debut for him. 

If Edler’s out does Rathbone get a shot? Yuolevi back in? Or does the Covid kid, Benn play?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

That was baffling .. why wouldn’t he shoot it back into his own zone or turn around and buy time for the line change

He was all alone on that play, with linemates changing.  He was out numbered and I rather he turn the puck over in their end than going the other way

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

Need a huge game from Demko tommorrow.

What did people think of Holtby tonight? Hard to say 'great' giving up 5 goals, but I thought he made some huge saves aswell at times when we really needed them.

He's not making those bailing us out stops Markstrom did (Gallagher goal comes to mind), but I think he's been better than Demko so far. 

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

What did people think of Holtby tonight? Hard to say 'great' giving up 5 goals, but I thought he made some huge saves aswell at times when we really needed them.

He's not making those bailing us out stops Markstrom did (Gallagher goal comes to mind), but I think he's been better than Demko so far. 

I think he played solid. None of the goals were weak. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I feel pretty good about him....not perfect, but solid.

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Overall it looks like he'll give you a performance based off how you play in front of him. Kind of like Ryan Miller did back then.