The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Canucks keys to the game :

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy! 

hahaha 

that has never been the Canuck motto

I think its " start fast, make the back up look like a Vezina candidate, fold tent neatly, save energy for next game"

• Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

When they bought into the system and put forth the effort in the playoffs last season they sure didn't look bad.  

You were watching Great performances by our goalies. ::D

• Hydration 1
21 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

...with Washington.

What is VAN's record against MTL, when they had great goaltending in Markstrom? Not so good. Canucks are going to have to play out of their minds to win tonight. 

It was a rough start to the season, losing to losers like that, but they started their rusty season on the road, which wasn't easy. They're home now, and should have a lot of motivation to play their best.  A win tonight would shut a lot of people up, including myself lol 

• Hydration 1
41 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

I have to ask you, Does coach Green do anything right in your expert opinion? 

Also what is your coaching back ground ?

Poor Jake had to play on 3 different lines in one game Due to bad coaching? I think Jake owns that one.

Can we ease off all the negativity please

Lets get to game 10 and see where we are at in the standings.  IMHO the boys will turn this around and win some games

Go Canucks go 

Never said I was a coach just a fan tired of watching his team lose while the coach does nothing about it. I have said this for a long time, if I watched a consistently hard fought game every night and we lost, I would be OK with that. 

When your coach thinks that leaving things the same and hoping for a different outcome, that is not fun to watch. 

He looks like he doesn't know what he is doing and it doesn't take a genius to see it. 

Coaches live and die on winning and he is running out of time. He no longer has a goalie to bail him out. 

Oh wow didn't realize Toffoli signed in the division...

I remember thinking... "Oh at least he went to MTL and we wont have him back for revenge games..." well so much for that with re alignment :P

Got a good feeling about this one. Real gud.

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Oh wow didn't realize Toffoli signed in the division...

I remember thinking... "Oh at least he went to MTL and we wont have him back for revenge games..." well so much for that with re alignment :P

Got a good feeling about this one. Real gud.

image.jpeg.a61fb5f44f01d8509dc1158c8d2e3dca.jpeg

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Canucks keys to the game :

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy! 

Has someone been binge watching Cobra Kai on Netflix?

9 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Focus canucks-san. Wax on wax off.

3:00 onwards.

"Remember the enemy is only images, and illusions, in which he hides his true motives. Destroy the image, and you break the enemy."

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

3:00 onwards.

"Remember the enemy is only images, and illusions, in which he hides his true motives. Destroy the image, and you break the enemy."

Lost count of how many times I watched this in the late 70s and early 80s as a teen. Thanks for the memories.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
2 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Our effort definitely needs to be there from the puck drop to the buzzer, but I am left wondering where your comment about NOT being a good motivator comes from? did you here players mention this? did you here sports analysts say this? or is this just your IMHO?

Coach Green sure seemed to motivate them in the bubble playoffs.

I agree the Vets need to do more but these are professional players and professional coaches, I'm confident that together as a whole they will work through this.

Go Canucks Go

It's a reference to our notoriously slow starts to games last year. Playoffs are a whole other animal for players and coaches, they are not hard to get ready for. 

Green strikes me as a reserved and conservative type, unlike more vociferous type coaches. 

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Fun fact: every time the GDT and PGT threads were combined we lost the following game so I predict another loss, I have nothing else to say.

NOTHING else?

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS
  • -Vintage Canuck- unfeatured and unpinned this topic