Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Funny what a win can do to lift the fragile and turbulent  psyche of some fans. Seems much calmer around here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 :bigblush:

Meh. Luke Hughes would be a nice consolation prize if things go south lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

Benning has been talking about Chatfield for years now it seems. Whenever he hand picked a few players to name in interviews Chatfields name would come up. Cool to see that come full circle. Never got the hype of some of the other prospects. I really liked what I saw out of him tonight. It’s only one game but looks like he has a future in the nhl 

Looked pretty good tonight. Juolevi has been more than decent but Chatfield tonight just looked like a livelier, confident player. Lets see where this goes, any word on Edler?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Meh. Luke Hughes would be a nice consolation prize if things go south lol

hoping we make playoffs, but what number is he suppose to go top 5 or top10?, i guess with the weird schedule could change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

Tell me. Why is their play sub par? What do you expect from them?

 

Beagle is worth the money for what he brings, 2nd best faceoff guy, one of our top PKers. Look no further to last year, I was very skeptical what Beagles worth was until he got a short injury stint and the team was a mess. Hes not gonna put up numbers, but he greatly affected Bo's deployment and his play suffered because of it. If you're looking beyond the stat sheet, yes he's worth the 3 million

 

Sutter Ive not a big fan of, yes hes grossly overpaid, but he's playing decent this year even I'll admit. For the role hes playing, its been acceptable

 

Roussel on the other hand has been awful, Im almost of the mind that I'd actually want to see LE in his place. LE at least can be move up and down the lineup. If the team needs a bit more of a defensive presence, he can slot right in with Bo and Pearson on key situations (like holding the lead last few minutes of the game) Roussel has been terrible, only time Ive ever noticed him has been when hes been going to the box

Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching Virtanen in OT..... never put him out for 3-on-3 again.  

Looks lost in the defensive zone.  I can forgive him about to the leave the zone with the puck behind him, since it was just a miscommunication.... but before that, he just dumped the puck when he didn't have a play.  OT is all about possession and he just gave the puck away freely.  

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, filthycanuck said:

Beagle is worth the money for what he brings, 2nd best faceoff guy, one of our top PKers. Look no further to last year, I was very skeptical what Beagles worth was until he got a short injury stint and the team was a mess. Hes not gonna put up numbers, but he greatly affected Bo's deployment and his play suffered because of it. If you're looking beyond the stat sheet, yes he's worth the 3 million

 

Sutter Ive not a big fan of, yes hes grossly overpaid, but he's playing decent this year even I'll admit. For the role hes playing, its been acceptable

 

Roussel on the other hand has been awful, Im almost of the mind that I'd actually want to see LE in his place. LE at least can be move up and down the lineup. If the team needs a bit more of a defensive presence, he can slot right in with Bo and Pearson on key situations (like holding the lead last few minutes of the game) Roussel has been terrible, only time Ive ever noticed him has been when hes been going to the box

Beagle is not worth his contract , hate when people try to justify it.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good game!

Nice to get a win in the first home game.

Bo, Boeser, JT and Myer are excellent.

 

Chatfield looks not bad.

Petey is lost of his confidence. Coach should put my effort on him.

Also Hughes is the same, but slightly better.

 

Canucks need to keep the PP goals trend, and prevent to take too many penalties.

Lastly, feel painful to let Toffoli go.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m late to party but has anyone mentioned Schmidt’s tough luck getting smoked in the head/neck area 3 times in 5 games? Yikes. In all seriousness though, was nice to see the boys rebound and keep answering every time they faced some adversity. Really need to tighten up in our zone though. We don’t have Marky back there routinely stealing games for us. Although Holtby did come up with a couple really big saves near the end of the game though which was nice to see. The thing I liked most was they showed they were confident with the puck again. That was missing the past three games (minus the first period of last game).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TNucks1 said:

hoping we make playoffs, but what number is he suppose to go top 5 or top10?, i guess with the weird schedule could change.

He's top 5.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

I’m mentally done....but quickly...

 

Hughes needs to tighten up his defensive game.

EP still struggling ...but I’m seeing signs he is coming out of it.

Chatfield....easily showed enough that he deserves a spot in the top 6

Boeser and Bo are in the groove.

Beagle and Motte’s energy is incredible.

Is Roussel still on the team?

Virt threw some nice hits that had the boards shaking. But some of his decisions with the puck...especially in OT made me want to pull my beard out.

 

Goaltending....I have concerns. 

 

Most importantly it’s A WIN.

 

With Jake. I was wondering why he would dump the puck in, when it was 3 on 3. Like, there's so much ice out there, and he skates like the wind. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Good game!

Nice to get a win in the first home game.

Bo, Boeser, JT and Myer are excellent.

 

Chatfield looks not bad.

Petey is lost of his confidence. Coach should put my effort on him.

Also Hughes is the same, but slightly better.

 

Canucks need to keep the PP goals trend, and prevent to take too many penalties.

Lastly, feel painful to let Toffoli go.

After Toffoli's performance tonight with the hat trick, definitely stings. But, we did get the win, so no complaints here. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see bo net two. CDC wont be virtually stripping his captaincy for about 18 hours.

 

Sucks that petey is struggling but I ddont see it as a huge issue. He played a key role in a couple of the goals that didnt show up on the score sheet. Kid works hard this isnt a virtanen situation. Once he gets one the flood gates will open I bet.

 

We're a team that gives up alot of chances. But I feel like we're giving up too many grade A chances right now. 3 tap ins last night? I dont care if we had Brodeur in net. No ones stopping those. 

 

Big game tonight that can bring us back to 500.

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bad alice french said:

Chatfield’s coming out party. 
hopefully rubs off on OJ. 

kid was a warrior tonight. 

I liked the postgame with Chatfield. The thing that was good about him is that he knows exactly what HIS game is, and he played within himself. That is not an easy thing. Lots of young players, and lots of vets try to do too much, or don’t get the most out of themselves. He seems very level headed and sure about who he is. That is a big deal in hockey, but even more so in life.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Virtanens never had any hockey sense since long before he was drafted. 

 

It was a reactionary pick from the boston series and unfortunately we have to lower our expectations for him.

 

Toffoli would really round out our top 6 eh could use a guy with that scoring touch.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Conscience said:

Virtanens never had any hockey sense since long before he was drafted. 

 

It was a reactionary pick from the boston series and unfortunately we have to lower our expectations for him.

 

Toffoli would really round out our top 6 eh could use a guy with that scoring touch.

I doubt that. Seeing that he was drafted 3 yrs later lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

I think we need to swap pearson and motte 

 

 

I would love to see what Motte could do with more offensive linemates and better minutes (not mostly D-zone starts and PK). ....

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...