The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

Bottom line is this- We need our star players to play like star players. We need to play with speed and physicallity. We need better than average special teams. We need better than average goaltending. There’s no sense picking on a single player when most of the team has been sub par for the season. Hopefully the nuts on the wheels of the bandwagon have been tightened and we start it up tonight! Go Nuks

• Hydration 2

As long as our best players, play like our best players

and everyone gives it 100%

and take no shifts off

They should be ok.

• Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 games in. At 1 - 3.

Next 6 games at home.  3 vs MTL and 3 vs Ott.

So at the 10 game point we can be any where between 7 - 3  and 1 - 9.

This is a critical time early in the season.  Let's get going boys!

I'm saying go 4 - 2 in the next six and we are 5 - 5 after the first 10.

4 hours ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

My buddy is a flames fan and he was telling me how bad he was last year, he was honestly shocked that he signed somewhere in the nhl for this season. I’m hoping he was wrong but so far not looking good

These are always the best 'references/sources'.

'My buddy is a Lames fan'....and he's shocked Hamonic signed somewhere'....

As if random Flames fan's opinion are worth a whiff (same can be said about the vast majority of Canuck fan takes on players on their own team). 

Is he also shocked that the Flames GM and coach have NHL jobs?

Because that guy that allegedly doesn't belong in the NHL played the 2nd most minutes on their blueline (next to a Norris quality Giordano).

He was also their lead penalty killer.

They must be in the midst of a rething, then right - and this guy was a mere tank-o-rama placeholder....er, oh yeah - they were a playoff team.

Anyhow - I thought Hamonic looked extremely rusty through 3 games, and a bit better in the 4th - but the idea that he was so 'bad last year' that he doesn't belong in the league....is facepalm material.     He's 5th on this blueline in ice-time thus far (2nd on the pk)....which seems about right imo (the only thing I'd really change would be the amount of minutes he spends with Hughes - for me, Myers may be more suited to those (and Hamonic to sheltering Juolevi on the 3rd pairing).

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2
8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

These are always the best 'references/sources'.

'My buddy is a Lames fan'....and he's shocked Hamonic signed somewhere'....

As if random Flames fan's opinion are worth a whiff (same can be said about the vast majority of Canuck fan takes on players on their own team). 

Is he also shocked that the Flames GM and coach have NHL jobs?

Because that guy that allegedly doesn't belong in the NHL played the 2nd most minutes on their blueline (next to a Norris quality Giordano).

He was also their lead penalty killer.

They must be in the midst of a rething, then right - and this guy was a mere tank-o-rama placeholder....er, oh yeah - they were a playoff team.

Anyhow - I thought Hamonic looked extremely rusty through 3 games, and a bit better in the 4th - but the idea that he was so 'bad last year' that he doesn't belong in the league....is facepalm material.     He's 5th on this blueline in ice-time thus far (2nd on the pk)....which seems about right imo (the only thing I'd really change would be the amount of minutes he spends with Hughes - for me, Myers may be more suited to those (and Hamonic to sheltering Juolevi on the 3rd pairing).

Ok did you watch every flames game last year? Because I didn’t nor would I put myself through that, I was just sharing an observation from some who watched every flames game last year. Get off your high horse clown, if he was so good why didn’t the flames resign him? Why did he sit available all off season? 

Edited by KelownaCanucksFan
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Ok did you watch every flames game last year? Because I didn’t nor would I put myself through that, I was just sharing an observation from some who watched every flames game last year. Get off your high horse clown, if he was so good why didn’t the flames resign him? Why did he sit available all off season? 

Clown, nice. Just respect his opinion and your own. No need for name calling. That is all.

• Vintage 1
9 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Who says the Flames didn't try to re-sign him?

There are reports that say he wanted to remain in Canada and on a western team, if he was even going to play at all.

There is a global pandemic going on right now and Travis has a family member that has immuno problems.

Why moan just because he took his time, to ensure things would be as safe as he could for his family/

The guy did a good family first thing.

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Ive never really understood why we like to tell of other seasons stats like its got any real merit on this season. (Not meaning you, vintage. But media people in general). 

Is it game time yet though? Let's go boys!:canucks:

Yeah...not sure I even want to wade into this pleasant Hamonic talk...but there is a reason we got him for a relative bargain. And it’s not necessarily just because he Wanted to play in Western Canada. 

I do think he is capable of better than we’ve seen...especially in the PK.

• Vintage 1
Just now, Locke Lamora said:

Yeah...not sure I even want to wade into this pleasant Hamonic talk...but there is a reason we got him for a relative bargain. And it’s not necessarily just because he Wanted to play in Western Canada. 

I do think he is capable of better than we’ve seen...especially in the PK.

And he joined late. With a new team, coaching staff, and city during a global health crisis. 

• Upvote 1
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS
  • -Vintage Canuck- unfeatured and unpinned this topic