The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, KirkSave said:

It will boil down to will and skill. We'll need both of that in droves tonight from the boys in blue if we want a victory over a deep Habs club.

I feel like they have to lead with will and then the skill comes naturally.  That when they lose momentum, they tend to overthink and complicate things.  Play a bit more on instinct and establish a bit more flow to the game.  Everything seems forced and off lately.

• Cheers 1

Juolevi thus far this year (4 games)

45.5% ozone starts

55.9% corsi

5 hits, 4 blocks

10:06 ice time/game

+1

3.0 on ice goals for per 60 5on5

1.5 on ice against.

Pretty solid outcomes - wouldn't read anything into him getting a night off (in a back to back situation).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Juolevi thus far this year (4 games)

45.5% ozone starts

55.9% corsi

5 hits, 4 blocks

10:06 ice time/game

+1

3.0 on ice goals for per 60 5on5

1.5 on ice against.

Pretty solid outcomes - wouldn't read anything into him getting a night off (in a back to back situation).

Didn't they say during the WJCs anyone with 55% corsi for was an elite 2 way player at their position?

I swear someone said that about Costmar and Podz.

12 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Wait, didn't you say he was making to many changes, leave the lines alone, Poor Jake on 3 different' lines in 1 game?

now you say he leaves things the same................

i'm confused

Not him, but juggling lines seems to be Greener's only tactic to change things up.  I'm with him though,  I'm getting very tired of watching our 'sit back' D system and no puck support on the break out. Its been the same plan night after night since Petterson's rookie year and it isn't working.  Not only that, but watching the team chip it in and chip it out for 60 minutes isn't entertaining hockey to watch. This team has a ton of talent, what they need is a coaching staff that can figure out how to utilize it.

Edited by CptCanuck16
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I feel like they have to lead with will and then the skill comes naturally.  That when they lose momentum, they tend to overthink and complicate things.  Play a bit more on instinct and establish a bit more flow to the game.  Everything seems forced and off lately.

Imo, pro sports is very structured and the Canucks are playing somewhat sloppy right now which means they were not really ready to start the season - yet; whether that is on the coaches/players or both who knows but they better get it together cause this season is a short one...

If this game is a wash, I hope they play OJ in all situations to expedite his nhl development since this is a short season every minutes he plays will only benefit the team & himself....

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Just now, Rush17 said:

Didn't they say during the WJCs anyone with 55% corsi for was an elite 2 way player at their position?

I swear someone said that about Costmar and Podz.

Corsi alone is relatively meaningless.

Ie if you are getting 75% ozone starts, with very good 'possession' linemates and your corsi is 55% - that is not really great and certainly does not necessarily indicate an "elite 2 way player".

Play harder minutes and have a corsi like that - and that may be the case.

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Matthews didn't like the way the coach approached the game against the Oilers :lol: coaching/player problems in Toronto again :lol:

Matthews has a swollen head.  He should develop his own two-way game before pretending to question his coach.