The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

I've always wondered what all the hoopla about Gallagher is and now we'll see. I fully expect to hate his guts by the end of these three games.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I've always wondered what all the hoopla about Gallagher is and now we'll see. I fully expect to hate his guts by the end of these three games.

I already have hatred towards him and I haven’t even seen him play this year. There’s gonna be a lot of that this year 

22 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Probably not. But as of right now their PK is extremely effective. 

Well, the Canucks PP has been effective recently. As in the last 12 months, so there's that. 

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I wish we had a player all the other teams hated.

9 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I see Toffoli is 3rd line on Montreal. Does that mean he overachieved in Vancouver or Montreal is that deep ? I’m sure he’s better than Drouin.

Montreal is pretty deep. They essentially roll 3 lines pretty evenly time wise.  He’s playing with Kotkaniemi and Armia. Also. Drouin has issues. But talent wise he’s much better than Toffoli. 

Edited by qwijibo
23 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal is pretty deep. They essentially roll 3 lines pretty evenly time wise.  He’s playing with Kotkaniemi and Armia. Also. Drouin has issues. But talent wise he’s much better than Toffoli. 

Having watched the Habs games Toffoli must be a big disappointment for them. He has looked very average hence the 3rd line. However, as a team the Habs are playing fast and furious and very well defensively. We are in big trouble if we play like we did in the last three games, could lose all three. Lets hope the change of scenery works some magic!

Go Canucks

22 minutes ago, longsuffering said:

Having watched the Habs games Toffoli must be a big disappointment for them. He has looked very average hence the 3rd line. However, as a team the Habs are playing fast and furious and very well defensively. We are in big trouble if we play like we did in the last three games, could lose all three. Lets hope the change of scenery works some magic!

Go Canucks

I’m pretty sure they always intended to slot him into the lineup where he is. I doubt they’re disappointed in his play. He’s played well defensively and gotten his chances to put the puck in the net . His timing just seems a bit off. He’ll be fine 

Canucks have been getting out worked the last 2 games and MTL is a team that works hard. Need a full 60 min effort from the team and we need to stay out of the penalty box. Keep it simple and just throw everything on net.

This NHL schedule is beyond ridiculous. Just as a comparison: Canucks will have played 7 games in 11 days, while the Flames play their 4th game on the 12th day of the season. Canucks will play their 8th game on the 13th day of the season and it doesn't look like it's slowing down any time soon.

Canucks need to start winning now or we can kiss the season goodbye

2 minutes ago, -Moose said:

This NHL schedule is beyond ridiculous. Just as a comparison: Canucks will have played 7 games in 11 days, while the Flames play their 4th game on the 12th day of the season. Canucks will play their 8th game on the 13th day of the season and it doesn't look like it's slowing down any time soon.

Canucks need to start winning now or we can kiss the season goodbye

Everyone will be facing a similar crunch in the schedule.  

• Huggy Bear 1
1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Everyone will be facing a similar crunch in the schedule.  

I understand that and I'm just overreacting

I wonder if it's better to face this crunch at the beginning, middle or end of the season?

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS
  • -Vintage Canuck- featured this topic
  • -Vintage Canuck- unfeatured and unpinned this topic