The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

Boys in Blue off to a great start. :canucks:
Not trying to knock on anybody , but Chatfield looks much better than Juolevi did to me so far. 

Yes way too early to judge but my eye test tells me Chatfeild is in for the near future. 

Calm, cool. collect. Moves the puck out of his zone like a vet and has some IDGAF lets go attitude. 

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The other question is can our PK hold up when the refs start making up some of these calls. 

Our pk is bound to balance out. It's not as bad as the numbers suggest. It'll end up around tenth in the league is my guess. 

1 minute ago, brownky said:

He’s been far side “defence” the last couple times out. Looked good doing it, he has the speed to catch ‘errors’ if the puck goes the other way. 

and he was handling Anderson really well in front of the net... which is not easier.

I like Jake a lot but playmaking from the half boards aint his strong suit. He should be doing his best Bo

impression and camping in front of the net and fading deep slot occasionally as a shot option.

• Vintage 1
2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Stop the goal counting.

We are winning this game, and frankly we WON this game.

Stop the goal count!

that's sig worthy imo.  and that timing. 

well played.

• Hydration 1

K one thing I think we will see as players get more creative and better is shooting low pad for a self rebound a lot more often on breakaways. As a goalie it's ridiculously tough to stop. When in tight like that, all you can really do is react so if somebody is putting a puck off of your toe chances are you're gonna give a weak rebound. 

Eventually in the next 15 years I anticipate it being a lot more of a common move. Obviously nothing you'll be able to do in a shootout though which is why we don't see it as often even today. 

1 minute ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Boys in Blue off to a great start. :canucks:
Not trying to knock on anybody , but Chatfield looks much better than Juolevi did to me so far. 

Yes way too early to judge but my eye test tells me Chatfeild is in for the near future. 

Calm, cool. collect. Moves the puck out of his zone like a vet and has some IDGAF lets go attitude. 

Couple solid hits as well. Very noticeable in a good way.

• Thanks 1
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS
  • -Vintage Canuck- unfeatured and unpinned this topic