The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not surprised OJ's not playing. Figured they would take their time with him.

Surprised Chatfield is the next man up and not Rafferty or Benn though.

Liking Chatfield's game. We could use a RD like him. Hope he can pan out.

He's dishing out hits and cross checks like they're going out of style.  Don't mind him today. 

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Green wanted to try Schmidt with Myers.  That meant Schmidt had to go left. So a left had to come out.  That's Juolevi.  And a right had to go in that's Chatfield.

That makes sense. Myers is looking great so far tonight.

• Cheers 1

Also liking Chatfield's game. He's not normally that smooth with the puck offensively in the AHL so he's playing above his normal standard but think of kind of like a Bieksa lite if you're anticipating what kind of player he is. That's what he kind of reminds me of anyways. 

1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

seriously?

Yup check the Around the NHL thread. Fines for cross checking and roughing lol. Only a matter of time before the league becomes a not hit and no fight league, but open to headshots.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m thinking the face part of it. 

We seem to only play our #6 D 10ish mins a night anyways, regardless how we handles the nhl speed these days TREE should have that spot next year. He can take the fines, adjust contract accordingly lol.

I catch myself watching 2011 playoff highlights often and need moaaarrrrrrrr

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

OK let me slow it down for you. Make changes B E F O R E the game and not D U R I N G the game. Top 6 not doing so well. PP#1, not doing so well.  Maybe change up during practices to find chemistry, Are you still with me? ::D

S L O W is G O O D

Thanks, you can bitch n moan about coaching, thats what you seem to focus on, but at the end of the day the team has improved year after year under Green and assistants.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

we're watching different games.

Boeser's looking pretty fast today, but he's never been a good passer if we're being honest.  

I don't mind his game today.