The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

Montreal is big and fast. Add mean! The positive might be that Price doesn’t play all 3 games. I saw some panic in the d-zone in the last Flamer game. Being at home, FO % better, a practice, Holtby in net .... gives us a chance. To me it all starts in the backend. 

D-zone coverage and transition has to improve. Tough challenge as the Habs are the class of the Northern Division right now. They have played 1 less game than Vancouver.

1 hour ago, Amebushi said:

Didn’t you get the memo?  Bertuzzi is hated by Canucks fans?

Anyone who watched the Bo Horvat captaincy ceremony could obviously see how cherished Bertuzzi is here. What an ovation, it brought him to tears.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=75TDJWVfJdE

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Montreal is big and fast. Add mean! The positive might be that Price doesn’t play all 3 games. I saw some panic in the d-zone in the last Flamer game. Being at home, FO % better, a practice, Holtby in net .... gives us a chance. To me it all starts in the backend. 

D-zone coverage and transition has to improve. Tough challenge as the Habs are the class of the Northern Division right now. They have played 1 less game than Vancouver.

Allen will almost certainly get one of the starts. But that doesn’t necessarily translate to an easier game. He was minutes away from a shutout in Edmonton. 

11 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Anyone who watched the Bo Horvat captaincy ceremony could obviously see how cherished Bertuzzi is here. What an ovation, it brought him to tears.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=75TDJWVfJdE

Yeah, I’d have to agree. While there may have been bad blood while he played for the Red Wings, since his retirement I think most fans view him as the integral part of the West Coast Express that he was. Not some goon to be booed out of Rogers.

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Allen will almost certainly get one of the starts. But that doesn’t necessarily translate to an easier game. He was minutes away from a shutout in Edmonton. 

And he looked pretty sturdy in between the pipes. Neither goalie will be a walk in the park.

Hoping we get more first period vs. Calgary Canucks! Petey will get going—kid seems to perform under pressure and is usually his own biggest critic.

24 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

watch Toffoli get a hat trick

Kind of the way things go with the Canucks. Surprised Tanev never scored last game. 

I'm not expecting the Canucks to win any of the 3 games against MTL, but I've been fooled by them before and they have come back with a much stronger effort after a terrible game. Hope they can do that tonight and break this losing streak.

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

Need our top players to win a game for us. 

Hey Sergio, miss you.

The Sergio Momesso -   Martin Jiranek -   Jason Miller line was the best top line in the  German Hockey  League back in 1999.

It was fun to watch. One of the best top lines ever in German Hockey.

Today Canucks need not only their best players to win the game, but also a much better effort and execution across the board.

Score on the PP, don't getting score on at the PK, secondary scoring, great goaltending .....

Hope you enjoy the show::D

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Someone needs to pound Kotnaniemi into the boards from behind tonight.

That little puke PURPOSEFULLY tried to mangle Pettersson 2 years ago.

For those who are unaware, he skated up behind Elias, 'scuse me bumped him, and after he checked both refs he wrapped his leg around our super star and fell to the ice.

Pettersson could have been catastrophically injured, and NO ONE did anything to that little puke.

There is a code in this game, and he 100% broke it.

With that said, I'm uncertain if anyone on this team has the spine to enforce it.

Even Pettersson said he was just as much at fault for the awkward reverse check he tried to throw. Time to get over it. 

1 minute ago, xereau said:

For those who are unaware, he skated up behind Elias, 'scuse me bumped him, and after he checked both refs he wrapped his leg around our super star and fell to the ice.

Pettersson could have been catastrophically injured, and NO ONE did anything to that little puke.

With that said, I'm uncertain if anyone on this team has the spine to enforce it.

Petey just  got a penalty for doing substantially less to a Calgary player....after that player did about the same to him....

The ref's are still calling the game against us ...even though we don't play the US teams....U Bet man must hate us as much as we hate him....!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, xereau said:

And then psycho Shea Weber will grab whomever does so and will slam there face into the nearest board, knowing he'll get a small fine. The benefit of being a original six thug.

1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

So many here are doom and gloom when the Canucks have not looked good in any game yet. Relax. Chill. Open a window and get some fresh air. They have been getting better each game.

We do not need to trade Rousel, Virt, Sutter, Beagle or anyone else your minds can worry about. 

So you like beagle sutter and roosters contracts ? For their sub par play ? 35 year old Beagle at a 3 mil cap hit? Yikes 

• Haha 2