The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

46 minutes ago, xereau said:

Someone needs to pound Kotnaniemi into the boards from behind tonight.

That little puke PURPOSEFULLY tried to mangle Pettersson 2 years ago.

For those who are unaware, he skated up behind Elias, 'scuse me bumped him, and after he checked both refs he wrapped his leg around our super star and fell to the ice.

Pettersson could have been catastrophically injured, and NO ONE did anything to that little puke.

There is a code in this game, and he 100% broke it.

With that said, I'm uncertain if anyone on this team has the spine to enforce it.

We are team Charmin

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

My father in law is staying with us and he's a big Habs fan. Please win so I don't have to hear about it from him lol.

How many more losses before people start talking about tanking for Luke Hughes?

Too late. The discussion has already begun. Luke has 19 points in 9 games

Game 1 against Calgary on the last PP of the game I watched Sutter completely give up on the play , stand still and lean on his stick like play stopped . In the meantime a Calgary player walked around him and scored.

If JV did that he’d be on the taxi squad for the rest of the year. 

No free rides tonight, it’s time to put in 60 minutes of hard work.

Anyone else think a slow start might actually be a good thing? 

The last few October's we've been great, but near the end of the season we tend to be struggling to keep up. I think this is the time to work out the kinks and let everyone adjust until our defence and goalies settle in. 

I know there's not much time, but I'd rather a losing streak now than losing 10 of 12 in March/April. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Anyone else think a slow start might actually be a good thing? 

The last few October's we've been great, but near the end of the season we tend to be struggling to keep up. I think this is the time to work out the kinks and let everyone adjust until our defence and goalies settle in. 

I know there's not much time, but I'd rather a losing streak now than losing 10 of 12 in March/April. 

A slow start is more damaging this season.  Not only are there fewer games but every game is against a divisional rival. (Essentially every game is worth 4 points). You can dig yourself a hole mighty fast. 

5 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

A slow start is more damaging this season.  Not only are there fewer games but every game is against a divisional rival. (Essentially every game is worth 4 points). You can dig yourself a hole mighty fast. 

Yes but it takes just as long to get out of it too. So losing 4 or 5 to start and then winning 10 is essentially the reverse.