Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Switch out Motte for MacEwen. Have Hoglander and Boeser switch spots too. 
 

Is Chatfield actually going to play tonight?

There is a good chance he will.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DS4quality said:

Yes but it takes just as long to get out of it too. So losing 4 or 5 to start and then winning 10 is essentially the reverse. 

winning 10 in a row? u sure are optimistic!

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Too late. The discussion has already begun. Luke has 19 points in 9 games

Be great to get Luke Hughes, and due to the Canucks bad start, I've started looking at the 2021 prospects. Used to be a time we could always rely on OTT for a win, but even they got much better. 

 

VAN might still do okay, there's around 50 games left, never know, but without world class goaltending and the superstar showing up every game... come join your bro Luke  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DS4quality said:

Yes but it takes just as long to get out of it too. So losing 4 or 5 to start and then winning 10 is essentially the reverse. 

Do you really want your team in a position where they have to win 10 in a row? Digging a hole means you have to go on a remarkable run to gain ground.  Every team will struggle at times through the season. But having the extra stress of being in a big hole right off the bat goes to seem like an ideal situation. 
 

Consider this.  If Montreal happens to win all 3 against Vancouver on this swing they’ll have a 9 point lead on Vancouver in the standings.  And they will have played 1 fewer game. That puts the Canucks in a bad spot only 7 games into the season 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Power Play needs to get it together. They're certainly going to get their chances with how many PPs the home teams have been getting in our games so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Why are the few rows behind the benches not coverd over

Probably for the photographers and maybe even the taxi squad  reserves to sit there, the way they do in  European soccer and view the match. They left some space just in case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The boys need to forget about the last 3 games and just focus on this mini series we got against MTL. Everything has to be perfect if we want to beat this MTL team. I think the boys will shine and step up to the occasion. GCG!

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Do you really want your team in a position where they have to win 10 in a row? Digging a hole means you have to go on a remarkable run to gain ground.  Every team will struggle at times through the season. But having the extra stress of being in a big hole right off the bat goes to seem like an ideal situation. 
 

Consider this.  If Montreal happens to win all 3 against Vancouver on this swing they’ll have a 9 point lead on Vancouver in the standings.  And they will have played 1 fewer game. That puts the Canucks in a bad spot only 7 games into the season 

Here's the thing, no one is winning 56 games this year. Montreal being in first doesn't dictate how everyone else plays. We have the same amount of points as the oilers and Calgary is only ahead cause they beat us twice. If we get swept the next 2 series yes there's panic, but right now it's just too early. 

  • Burr 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DS4quality said:

Here's the thing, no one is winning 56 games this year. Montreal being in first doesn't dictate how everyone else plays. We have the same amount of points as the oilers and Calgary is only ahead cause they beat us twice. If we get swept the next 2 series yes there's panic, but right now it's just too early. 

I already said every team will struggle at some point.  Just pointing out that it’s not ideal to be digging a hole this early in the season. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Newell Brown is probably blaming the faulty pucks for the lack of success, as we’re seeing the same units again.

 

 

Yep, that's special.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking forward to watching the Nux play at home without all those &*^^%(&*#@&^ Scab fans.

 

Roussel was bang on to call out this situation:

 

"There are too many red jerseys here," Roussel said, according to TSN's Jeff Paterson.

 

"It pisses me off the way they feel like it's their home. It's our home. Get the hell out of here."

 

  • Hydration 2
  • Burr 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Probably for the photographers and maybe even the taxi squad  reserves to sit there, the way they do in  European soccer and view the match. They left some space just in case. 

Teams are allowed to have ads on the glass panel behind the benches with no fans in the stands.  Those ads likely block the view from those seats.  Probably also why they start the covering of the seats higher - at ice level the panel would cut into the logo of the cover.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm....time to let the frustration turn into energy used in the right way....tough oponent tonight, Andersson is looking deadly....really good. If the boys can bounce back and get a big win it would mean a LOT for the teams confidence. We need a W and we want some goals....tonight is just the purrrrfect time for it.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS
  • -Vintage Canuck- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...