The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Did Petey Deserve a Fine....

Rate this topic

Wayne Jetski

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

Those happen 100 times every game. It's clear Petey is frustrated right now and he made a poor decision in the heat of the battle.

This is exactly what it is, he's frustrated right now and it showed with a that poor decision, just a lack of judgment, it was a mistake now move on and learn from it and score some goals instead ::D

• Cheers 1

The fine is fine. But did notice Petey getting crosschecked in soft spots away from the play a few times last night throughout the night. He's going to face that kind of stuff every night. Only deterrent is to start giving it back. Unfortunately when we do, they embellish and we get the call to neuter us (see Myers on Tkachuk on top of this incident). We need to start being the aggressors as the retaliation is what's mostly called. Tkachuk draws the most penalties due to retaliations (and his flops, nevermind all the "freak accidents" that happen around him).

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Those happen 100 times every game. It's clear Petey is frustrated right now and he made a poor decision in the heat of the battle.

ya sorry if you get crosschecked you defense your self    canucks need a enforcer to crap kick anyone that touches petey     roussel sutter gaudette pearson beagle eriksson benn baertchi  should be trade bait  at deadline 

12 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya sorry if you get crosschecked you defense your self    canucks need a enforcer to crap kick anyone that touches petey     roussel sutter gaudette pearson beagle eriksson benn baertchi  should be trade bait  at deadline 

Bait? Don't think the hungriest fish in the world would so much as give that a nibble.

7 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Bait? Don't think the hungriest fish in the world would so much as give that a nibble.

Not a team in the league that wouldn’t bite on AG, and if Pearson scores around 20 goals again his value at the deadline would get us a nice haul too.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, knucklehead91 said:

Better a fine than a phone call.

It’s hard to dispute this, a slash is typically on the legs, stick, hands or forearm... not in the chest...  I’m okay with the fine and it shows Petey is playing with passion. He got a little carried away, but he’s sending a message, he won’t take sh!+

also I love how much Petey has been throwing the body around. He’s throwing a hit with full intent each shift

I might be alone here but id much rather Petey focus on playing the game . Other then the counter back check he  doesn't accomplish much when he throws hits other than takes himself out of the play.  I can see him wanting to hit to show other players he's not a target , but as of now he's really terrible at it. I cringe every time thinking of the potential for self inflicted injury. We can all see his frustration but i think he's more upset about how he's played these last couple games rather than the cheap cross-checks and hacks he's been taking since the world discovered he's a super star. He and Boes expected a much better start out of them selves than what they brought so far and are disappointed. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, kesler_sedins said:

Pettersson slashed Monahan in the chest but notice Monahan embellished by grabbing his face when his face didn't even get affected... And I'm surprised Pettersson has gotten fined after all the abuse he has taken in the past that weren't even penalties let alone fines...

Floppy Flames