Sign in to follow this  
snucks

Where did the enthusiasm go ?

Rate this topic

After watching 4 games only the first one seemed to have effort and enthusiasm . It is a far cry from the teams play last year. Last year the even the coach got my approval. I don't see this team doing well. There seems to be no chemistry. When that goes away it makes every one look bad. OK there is time to recover, a get back some respect but I don't see it. Perhaps too much was dealt away but we still have Edler wounded leg and all.

Edited by snucks

Season isn’t even 10 games old.  Way too early to be drawing any kind of conclusions.  Especially with no preseason.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

Great start to the game, really good 1st period, then it all came crashing down. That's concerning only being 4 games in. Are they tired? They look it. 

• Vintage 1

We almost won 3 rounds of playoff hockey and we're technically still in the middle of the rebuild. That put a target on our back. Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal haven't been able to win 2 rounds and they're considered further along in their rebuild. Toronto can't even win 1 round. Winnipeg and Ottawa have gone to conference finals but they're rebuilding. We're gunna get used as a measuring stick, all 6 of those teams are gunna bring their A game.  Might even be a rebuild year for us, winnipeg ade the playoffs and got laine the next year

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

10 minutes ago, internationalhippy said:

We almost won 3 rounds of playoff hockey

lolok

Anyway, the only difference between this year and every other year since Benning's been at the helm is that there are expectations. We're at the point where we should be taking a legitimate step forward and with that comes pressure.

Everyone is just really sad right now. I think they call them doldrums. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Season isn’t even 10 games old.  Way too early to be drawing any kind of conclusions.  Especially with no preseason.

Except if we use the first 10 games as 'pre-season' we're:

Animation Tighten GIF by Reuben Armstrong

• Vintage 1

The lack of real training camp and pre-season games probably hindered the chemistry building.

24 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Everyone is just really sad right now. I think they call them doldrums. 

I recommend going for a walk, especially on a day as nice as this one (Tuesday, 1200hrsish), and have as your company a friend who doesn't pay attention to hockey, or better yet a dog... who also doesn't pay attention to hockey.

regards,  G.

• Haha 1

thought our 2 first games against EDM was good, but Mcdavid was ona mission and went super saiyan, those two flame games were awful, where the hell is the effort looked like sh!t.

28 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

I recommend going for a walk, especially on a day as nice as this one (Tuesday, 1200hrsish), and have as your company a friend who doesn't pay attention to hockey, or better yet a dog... who also doesn't pay attention to hockey.

regards,  G.

Was talking about the team in a mildly sarcastic way. I’m not sad. 

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Except if we use the first 10 games as 'pre-season' we're:

Animation Tighten GIF by Reuben Armstrong

It's all a matter of perspective.

Are we the ones getting screwed?  Or the screwee?  :P

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I've been leaning as well to see what their record is after 10 games before really deciding, but I'm not going to ignore what's not been looking good either, but stay optimistic for 10 games and hope it changes before they reach 10. Although looking at the schedule and starting tomorrow in the next 14 days they have 9 games and 5 of them are against Montreal, it's a little alarming imo and if they don't get their feet going here quick and those give them 10 games will be coming up quick, so hopefully it changes quick.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I've been leaning as well to see what their record is after 10 games before really deciding, but I'm not going to ignore what's not been looking good either, but stay optimistic for 10 games and hope it changes before they reach 10. Although looking at the schedule and starting tomorrow in the next 14 days they have 9 games and 5 of them are against Montreal, it's a little alarming imo and if they don't get their feet going here quick and those give them 10 games will be coming up quick, so hopefully it changes quick.

I can't argue with that.  

• Upvote 1

The team lost a few long time fixtures and has some new faces...seems it's taking a while to click.

Confidence and momentum are also huge and when you're riding on some great wins, you play with confidence and without overthinking things.  A few bad losses strung together create the opposite atmosphere. 

I think we all (including me) need to exercise some patience and let them work through it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

There are a lot less games this season - makes every game more important.

I'd rather be 3-1 than 1-3 in a 56 game season.

Edited by Heretic
  • Haha 1

Reminds me of that season after the Oilers made it to the 2nd round.

Exploded out of the gate in the 1st regular season game and just fell apart. 

Sure it's early but I wouldn't be surprised if the team ended up like Oilers in their 2017 - 2018 season 

• Hydration 1

4 hours ago, snucks said:

After watching 4 games only the first one seemed to have effort and enthusiasm . It is a far cry from the teams play last year. Last year the even the coach got my approval. I don't see this team doing well. There seems to be no chemistry. When that goes away it makes every one look bad. OK there is time to recover, a get back some respect but I don't see it. Perhaps too much was dealt away but we still have Edler wounded leg and all.

Where the hell is YOUR Enthusiasm

Go Canucks Go