The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

9 minutes ago, khay said:

Coaching is one of the problems but personnel is the bigger problem.

The thing is Schmidt isn't able to handle the tough minutes Tanev used to handle alongside Edler.

When we need to defend a lead or behind by one, the coaches had Edler-Tanev out. Now, we've got... Hughes-Myers? Schmidt-Rafferty?

We are going to have to score our way out of the trouble this season.

I'd rather the coaches adopt run-n-gun this season and see how it goes. If we f*ck up and finish dead last, so be it. We all knew this seasons was going to be crazy.

Get a top 10 pick, bring Podkolzin and Tryamkin from RUssia, sign EP and QH to reasonable bridge deals, find a way to free up some cap and build up defence depth and go at it next season.

Might have to bite the bullet and pay up to move the last season of Eriksson, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us just ride it out 

Tough to handle tough minutes next to Edler when Edler's hurt, we miss him out there 

Hamonic's been tough going thus far, but he's better than he's showed thus far 

With a defensive coach who knows what the hell he's doing and a healthy D core I figure we look better 

Looking forward to Podz, skeptical but hopeful with Tram, I figure with a dead cap Petey and Hughes get bridge deals as mentioned 

Brown needs to go too, games like this are why people rip on him so hard despite occasionally getting a game like last night 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1