The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Violator said:

I really see no need to keep either green or Benning or any other coach or person involved in this franchise.

yup. Benning has done a lot worse then good with singings. Sure he sniped some insane players, but look at the contracts he gave out... 

2 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

Nah how about another penalty instead that sound good. 

I’ll take a free pass to take the goalie’s crease away in the next game over only being down 3 goals. I have many problems with Green’s decisions tonight but that wasn’t one of them. 

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

We pay out those contracts and we can’t retain Hughes, Petey and Brock. 

This season we’re stuck with an inefficient cap situation in the bottom 6 but the bright side is that those contracts all come off the book over the next 2 years. 

If we had room this offseason and spent it up on 4-6 year deals yes we’d be better today but it’d hurt more down the road.  

It’s kind of a catch 22 but I think paying Hughes and Petey and making a run while the next round of rookies are on ELC’s is still probably the best bet overall.

..Yes I know and agree 100%  I know the tough situation that JB got us into with all the bad signings but I was simply 'imagining' what could have been.   In 2 years we'll be in better shape.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo
  • Cheers 1