The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Fire Benning!

There must have been some way to keep Marky, Tanev, Toffoli, & even Stecher. 

Should have pulled a Tonya Harding on Ericksson and then bribed, begged, borrowed, and/or stolen to make deals...plus offered up some future considerations to anyone who would even listen to him!

Never go full Tonya.

• Haha 1

Don't worry, Jimothy has things under control.

I was told all off-season that he knows what to do and that signing mediocre players to $&!# deals and letting the good ones walk was all part of his plan to continue his 8 year retool.

Positivity people!  If they score 7, we'll just have to score 8.  Easy peasy!  Hoglander Podkolzander!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Violator said:

I really see no need to keep either green or Benning or any other coach or person involved in this franchise.

Not so quick bud. If you don’t like the entire team, find another entire team... much easier.

2 minutes ago, kurtis said:

yup. Benning has done a lot worse then good with singings. Sure he sniped some insane players, but look at the contracts he gave out... 

Be seems to keep digging deeper and deeper into terrible players instead of signing half decent people it's mind boggling.

We lost five players that were good and picked up  a random assortment of people that don't play near good enough.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, flat land fish said:

Looking for positives pk 89%......

Another positive would be that we’re putting up points without Petey going.  

People wanna rehash the cap situation in a league with guaranteed contracts but I’m genuinely surprised and curious as to how poorly we’ve played at some points this year.  We’ve seen glorified AHL squads in the recent past that have put up a better effort than what we’re seeing.

I think this team has a bit of a playoff hangover and believes it’s own hype a little too much to start the year. 

I think the goaltending has been missing some key saves.

I think the coaching leaned too heavily on Hughes and Schmidt to start the year - trying to outsprint teams instead of slowing it down and balancing the minutes.  We’re a few games in and they look burnt out already.  Now we’re banged up and they don’t have any more to give.  Huge hole to start the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Not so quick bud. If you don’t like the entire team, find another entire team... much easier.

I can't I've been in this since 85 it wouldn't make sense to follow another team at this point.

This is the video version of the Canucks last fifty years

Edited by Violator

Tough night. Just nothing going our way. Bo continues to be our best player so far this season with a handful of goals. Demko was torched and should’ve gotten pulled but hey Holtby needed a rest. Hasn’t been a good start to the year for Demko. Our D continues to need more work in order for us to be competitive in games. They are young so it’s going to be a learning process. Sutter picks up his 1st. Hope that gets him going. Petey and Huggy Bear need to pick up the slack and play their game and not overthink out there. Hope we bounce back Saturday! GCG!

• Cheers 1