The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Baumer.

Let him practice what he preaches.

Did anyone expect us to win with this defense?  Its not coaching.  Its the personnel on the backend.  We have 2 dmen in Schmidt and Hughes who cant defend to save their lives.  Rafferty and Chatfield should be nowhere on this team this year.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

That was also a clean hit 

the difference is myers came in from the side not straight on like stevens. Of course he will fall back, where else would he go?

when you  come from the side and contact the head, the body is not fslling backwards. Trust me i gave done it a few times :) 

The only thing that makes that hit not clean is because it was late. 

1 minute ago, Darius said:

I agree Baum is part of the problem.  Even with our best d core in the past couple years.. their system was to collapse in front of the net and hand the Perimeter over to the other team and rely on marky to make the saves. 

And now it's just a disaster. Fire drill after fire drill.

• Cheers 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

You don't think there's a difference between the hits? One was from the side, the other is from dead in front of him. 

It was poorly worded by him. Head was still principle point of contact and by current rule it was a predatory hit. Suspension is overkill. Even Garrett is saying it was a hit to the head. 

Just now, ilduce39 said:

I think those comments came with the expectation the team wouldn’t completely forget how to play in their own zone for periods at a time.

There were some mild “we’ll allow a few more chances” but Jesus, nobody predicted this.

I didn't NOT expect this though. Our coaching allows for these games to happen in 50% of our games. Absolute jekyll and Hyde team and Green refuses to call timeouts to get his team back in order when they need it. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Remember all the people saying this team is really improved coming into this season?  Good times.

I always thought we could take a step back. We replaced key pieces with unknowns.

Never thought it would be this bad where everything sucks, even Petey/Hughes.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He has a more all-around skill set. Good passer/shooter/skater for his size.

Just pulling your leg JD... I Trust your assessment .. I’m sure the kid is good.. probably an upgrade to most of these current guys. 

22 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Lol oh man I had high Hope's for this season..

This ship is not gonna turn around easily 

It's good that you have high hopes but probably best to keep your expectations realistic because we just lost 4 very good players from last year and still have about 12 bad contracts to burn up.   It'll be another 2 years until we're in better shape.  So hang tight......................