The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

It has to be demoralizing to the team to start the season with a big chunk of the veteran core ripped from the team. I wonder how much that indirectly affects confidence, even in Petey.  I'm sure many of them were expecting Tanev to not be re-signed.  But were hoping that JB could finagle Markie. And I think they and everyone else fully expected JB not to lose Madden and a second, AND end up not re-signing Tofolli either. Especially how well he was working out here. Add in Stecher who was underrated. Defensively one of our best D. Just behind Edler in +/- last season.  I think his quick skating and clearing ability are missed greatly.

Losing Marky especially, and losing having that kind of assurance behind them has got to affect them.  Hamonic and Schmidt basically both have to remain healthy and have success here as performers, if we are to have any chance.

29 minutes ago, Violator said:

I can't I've been in this since 85 it wouldn't make sense to follow another team at this point.

This is the video version of the Canucks last fifty years

Is that No. 3 road in Richmond?   Think I've seen some of those drivers before.

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He didn't see it coming but it's a fast game, only thing I see is Myers rising a bit at the end. If they deem the head the primary point of contact I could see him getting a game or two, but it doesn't look malicious imo. 

He didnt see it coming because it was a blind side hit. Armia has a concussion.  Nothing clean about that hit 

Edited by qwijibo

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Eh I kind of prepared myself for us taking a step back. Not this much of one but still.

If there's anytime to have a reset year this is it. Give it 4-6 more games and if we are still bad then bite the bullet.

Pearson, Hamonic, Benn, Sutter could net us a decent return. Since Canadian teams don't want to wait for quarantine they could trade with us. Maybe start a bidding war to make sure other teams within the division don't get anything from us.

If Edler is willing to go he'd net us a lot.

Lots of possibilities.

We've sucked for too long for me to accept us being dog$&!#, especially coming off the playoffs, and being in a once in a lifetime Canadian division with bragging rights on the line.

But I guess that's what we are looking like right now. Though is early. 

It sucks because our young guys are so good right now (save Petey's struggles) and we don't have the means/ability to supplement them properly, and I don't think we will for atleast another year or two with the financial situation around Aqua/the cap.

Bo Horvat is in his prime right now, Miller is probably at his peak, Petey & Hughes are good, Edler & Schmidt are still good. We can't take a step back but it looks like that's being forced upon us. 

Just now, qwijibo said:

He didnt see it coming because it was a blind side hit. Armia has a concussion.  Nothing clean about that hit 

He hit him in the logo. The debate over whether or not he unnecessarily elevated into the head is definitely fair (I think him elevating is the problematic part) but it wasn’t blindside. Turning your head away from where you’re skating doesn’t make a hit to your chest blindside. 

• Upvote 1