The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

Just now, drdeath said:

That angle shows him hitting him in the logo? Along with his neck and head. Which again is the real debate which is what was the principle point of contact? If it was the head, what could Tyler Myers have done to hit him but without principal contact to the head?

So this is a clean hit to you?  Not sure how you don’t term this as blind side.  Armia got a concussion from getting hit in the logo right? 

• Hydration 1
Just now, CanadianRugby said:

Not saying I want that trade.  But you expect to get him for bad forwards?

If I were CBJ I would want Miller or Bo. They fit Torts style better.

If Miller we probably have to add Pod+

Is that really worth for the Canucks?

1 minute ago, CanadianRugby said:

Not saying I want that trade.  But you expect to get him for bad forwards?

Oh definitely not, I just don't think it'd be a smart move to make at the moment in all hoesntly are C depth is fine and wouldn't want to trade a winger for him 

3 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

We got absolutely lit up by their 3rd line.  When's the last time you could say that our bottom two lines did that.  

August 21st, 2020 vs Stl Louis.  Motte scored 2, Beagle with a goal and an assist.  Roussel with a goal as well.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Still though cap-wise we're 1-2 years off from having a true cap flexibility. These prime years are held back a bit anyways until we can reform our roster.

Sutter/Pearson/Benn/Hamonic/Edler this year. Eriksson/Roussel/Beagle the following year. That's a lot of cap we could use to address needs. Need solid players around the youngsters.

Then contribute the fact that we're a developing team. OJ/Hog rookies, Hughes/Demko 2nd year, Gaud trying to be a 3rd C we need, etc.

We are missing a few good pieces too and this is the draft where we could acquire another solid Dman. Stock up on picks. These players will still be in our age group.

We need veteran help and game changers on defense. Look at what Montreal has with Weber, Petry, Chiarot, Romanov. Big solid top end vets with mix of young game changers.  Edler may retire but we need the Hamonic types.  Hes only 30 so he can help this team.  Anyone know if Tryamkin wants to come back?

Just now, Wilbur said:

August 21st, 2020 vs Stl Louis.  Motte scored 2, Beagle with a goal and an assist.  Roussel with a goal as well.

Don't forget Sutter with 3 assists that game as well. It was the only game our overpaid bottom 6 all showed up, but to be fair, it was a huge game as it was an elimination game that led us to a series clinching victory.

• Hydration 1
3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

So this is a clean hit to you?  Not sure how you don’t term this as blind side.  Armia got a concussion from getting hit in the logo right? 

Whiplash can also cause a concussion. Either way to me it wasn't the dirtiest hit to the head, sucks he got concussed...part of the risk when you become a millionaire hockey player

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

It’s not clean it’s a very borderline hit because Myers unnecessarily elevates into Armia.
If Myers doesn’t elevate but every other detail occurs the same Armia still probably has a concussion and it shouldn’t even be a minor penalty and absolutely no conversation of supplementary discipline. 

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

Whiplash can also cause a concussion. Either way to me it wasn't the dirtiest hit to the head, sucks he got concussed...part of the risk when you become a millionaire hockey player

Good old CDC. Where no Canuck player is ever deserving of a suspension 

• Haha 2
Just now, ruilin96 said:

Don't forget Sutter with 3 assists that game as well. It was the only game our overpaid bottom 6 all showed up, but to be fair, it was a huge game as it was an elimination game that led us to a series clinching victory.

Our 4th line was one of our most consistent lines last year when healthy.

43 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

We looked like the worst team in the league tonight. I didnt notice Petey at all in the 3rd? Did he ride the pine? 

Pretty sad 

Yes, there's something wrong with him.  he's out of position on more occasions than usual, losing the puck, missing shots, making bad passes and not skating as hard.  I suspect he's got something wrong we are not being told about.   It's obvious !  Hope he turns it around.

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I should have bought a lotto ticket on that day.

3 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

Oh definitely not, I just don't think it'd be a smart move to make at the moment in all hoesntly are C depth is fine and wouldn't want to trade a winger for him 

Could move Petey to RW for now.  PDL could even play Peteys wing.  

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

CONDENSED GAME | Canadiens at Canucks

You could condense into Montreal’s 2 goals in 9 seconds and it would tell the whole story :lol:

• Haha 1