The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Could move Petey to RW for now.  PDL could even play Peteys wing.  

I mean you could but i am also sure trading away Pettey's best friend wouldn't be the best of ideas i just dont think really its a trade that make sense, the team has wayyy more issues then needing another C

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Good old CDC. Where no Canuck player is ever deserving of a suspension 

The league views it differently...Canuck injured no suspension, Canuck injures or slashes a player fine/suspension.

But hey, your right I'm wrong

• Hydration 1
Just now, billabong said:

Is demko the next coming of Eddie lack? 

I was so confident in him going into the season but he’s good to let in 4 or 5 bingos every game 

Nah just everyone forgot he is a 2nd year player with less than 40 NHL games experience.

3 amazing playoff games won't change that.

• Upvote 1

Whatever the Department of Player Safety decides, whether they give a supplemental discipline or not, there won't be a consensus between everyone. The part that makes it subjective is the way it's seen through different angles and how it's perceived. From one angle, it doesn't look as clear cut, but on the other angle, it looks like the principle point of contact was the head. In the end, I'm going say it will be 1-2 games.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

I mean you could but i am also sure trading away Pettey's best friend wouldn't be the best of ideas i just dont think really its a trade that make sense, the team has wayyy more issues then needing another C

They'd want Miller+ or Horvat not a winger who won't fit Torts hockey as well as Horvat/Miller

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, billabong said:

Is demko the next coming of Eddie lack? 

I was so confident in him going into the season but he’s good to let in 4 or 5 bingos every game 

D core depleted tonight doesn't help, plus he is still a very unproven NHL G and Canuck fans need to realize that. If our GM didn't put us in cap hell we should/could've signed Marky and looked to moved Demko at some point or pay Seattle off to not take him in the expansion draft.

18 minutes ago, JustRich said:

For real.  The offense has dried up but he's damn sound defensively.

... Wow. 

The worst 4th liner doesn't make a good defenceman. He's slow, 0 physicality, 0 offence. He would take 3 hits into the boards and retire. 

On second thought yeah, throw him on D for a game

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Yeah, Miller in particular looked dead in the legs from the second onwards.

With Tofolli gone, He's bout the last spark of light on the team at present with Bo and Brock.  They can't hold the whole team up forever.  

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Simply put;

Positive; they haven't played good hockey, save maybe opening night, so plenty of room to be better.

Negative: Starting to doubt their actually capable of playing good hockey. 

OJ/Chatfield looked good for the time we saw them. Both look like they have a future.

Boeser/Miller looked better than everyone else, for the most part, save for Horvat who was the best player on the ice for us.

Everything else sucked.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

Who cares if hes Peteys bff.  This isnt the boys n girls club.  I agree our defense is our biggest issue but if you can get PLD for a good price you gotta do it.  The guy is a game changer 

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They'd want Miller+ or Horvat not a winger who won't fit Torts hockey as well as Horvat/Miller

i'd agree with that, I just see those as to big of a whole to fill and in all honestly Horvat on that second line would be a better fit then PLD

like i said the amount of back to back and the amount of games vancouver have played to start the shortened vs the league is dumb.. every other team have a decent amount of practice days in and vancouver so far if u take out the 2 travel days had just 2 free days with almost no training camps, and then we have surprise another back to back coming up in a few games.. the rate we are going we might be out of the playoff pictures after 10 games with the possibiliyt going 2-8 3-7 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Whatever the Department of Player Safety decides, whether they give a supplemental discipline or not, there won't be a consensus between everyone. The part that makes it subjective is the way it's seen through different angles and how it's perceived. From one angle, it doesn't look as clear cut, but on the other angle, it looks like the principle point of contact was the head. In the end, I'm going say it will be 1-2 games.

NHL wheel of justice,intrigue and randomness will probably say 2 games.

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Oof.

That is all.

The bad news is there will be many more oofs this year. The good news is the other teams will oof against us too

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Who cares if hes Peteys bff.  This isnt the boys n girls club.  I agree our defense is our biggest issue but if you can get PLD for a good price you gotta do it.  The guy is a game changer 

I just believe its a bad idea to piss off your star player, I love PLD but I just don't think he'd be a good fit here 

50 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Serious question, are there free agent dmen who are NHL caliber? 

Another Serious question, are there any coaches and special teams coaches who are NHL Caliber?

• Like 1