The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Who cares if hes Peteys bff.  This isnt the boys n girls club.  I agree our defense is our biggest issue but if you can get PLD for a good price you gotta do it.  The guy is a game changer 

Nvm 

Edited by Darius
1 minute ago, DS4quality said:

Ha 5 games is my guess 

He won't get five games that takes way more of a clear-cut hit.it was predatory that's what the NHL will say.

Edited by Violator
1 minute ago, Darius said:

What had he done since he was drafted? 

I was crapping on PLD in the other thread as kind of a joke, but he does have three 20+ goal seasons, including one 60 point season on a young CLB team.

Just now, Dazzle said:

Anyone know what else is wrong with Pettersson?

IDK but he picked the wrong time to have an off-year with it being a contract year.

Same with Hughes for that matter who hasn't been good 5v5.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

IDK but he picked the wrong time to have an off-year with it being a contract year.

Both Hughes and Pettersson have indeed been playing very poorly.

Just now, Dazzle said:

I was crapping on PLD in the other thread as kind of a joke, but he does have three 20+ goal seasons, including one 60 point season on a young CLB team.

He'd look good with Petey but we'd have to lose a key piece like Horvat or Miller+ to get him. Don't know why people think Boeser is gonna net him, this is a Torts team.

40 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Uh-oh, I think we may see a suspension...

Can a concussion be diagnosed that fast?

Why does it always seem like Canucks concussions aren't known till 1-2 days later?

I'm not saying Julien is lying but I think this diagnosis was rushed so that it was known before the DOPS contacted Myers

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

As far as Myers history of suspensions , is 2014 with Buffalo for 3 games the last ?

That is correct. Myers' last suspension came during his time with the Sabres when he was suspended for three games in 2014. He wouldn't be classified as a "repeat offender", but his past history may come into consideration when determining any supplemental discipline.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

OJ/Chatfield looked good for the time we saw them. Both look like they have a future.

Boeser/Miller looked better than everyone else, for the most part, save for Horvat who was the best player on the ice for us.

Everything else sucked.

Horvat's a beast. I agree lotto line (led by those 2) had some good shifts tonight. 

Chatfield was really good, now out of course. Juolevi knows how to play but he's still being sheltered. He's adjusting to the NHL (understandably) & mobility is still a question.

As a team we've been horrible. Backbreaking turnovers, sloppy passing, bad special teams & brutal defensive structure basically every single game. Things that are correctable, yet we haven't been able to correct them. And our stars aren't playing well enough to keep us afloat - now we are ravaged with injuries. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

My bad.  I had a brain fart and was thinking of Nolan Patrick 

• Like 1
Just now, Where's Wellwood said:

Can a concussion be diagnosed that fast?

Why does it always seem like Canucks concussions aren't known till 1-2 days later?

I'm not saying Julien is lying but I think this diagnosis was rushed so that it was known before the DOPS contacted Myers

Well concussion protocol probably figures that out quicker than they use to.

• Hydration 1
3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Or its the best year for it. Our D isn't good enough to win anyways. Let's get another high pick, and sign Hughes and Petey for a little less (even just 0.5-1 million less per year per player). 

• Like 1

I would have liked to at least see some urgency when they were down 6-2. Wasn't expecting a comeback or anything but I just wanted to see some genuine give a @#$% attitude. Haven't seen a solid game from this team this season. That 5-3 win against the Oilers was messy. 

Tough game, getting dominated like that.  Hopefully we would just escape this series without all our top-6 regulars out of the lineup (whether injured or suspended). 

Also I'd be down if the team went back to Bo and Miller as the top 2 centers, put Pete on the wing and hopefully he finds his way again.

Thankfully Bo, Miller, Brock and Hog are still doing well in the top-6, and hopefully after his goal tonight Sutter could somehow have something left in the tank, because we're going to need all the scoring we can get with the makeshift defense (unless Rathbone is a ready-made elite D).