The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

Just now, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

@King Heffy Ok I was wrong the run and gun doesn't work when the defense is banged up like it is, maybe would of worked if Edler and Hamonic weren't injured but yeah doesn't work when the D is beat up like it is. I guess back to playing a defensive game and our goalies getting peppered with shots, I guess will just have to hope for the goalies to bail us out going forward, like Marky did for 2 and half years.

Run and gun will work but it will take an all out effort. Too many looked like deer in the headlights and in Myer's case, tried too hard to cover up others errors.

Hughes is not suited to a defensive game

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Oldmanpower said:

If anyone out there knows how to teach confidence let us know. This is a fragile Canuck team right now. Deer in headlights look on some. Hopefully Bo rubs off on some. 

Face your fears.

Do not worry about outcomes.

Focus on the process.

Do your best and let the chips fall where they may.

Reward yourself for putting your best self forward.

• Hydration 1
7 minutes ago, rychicken said:

He needs to say that though....it probably doesn't go over too well in the room if he says "I played well, but my teammates sucked" 

I know. I just feel for the guy. 

3 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

My emotions run so high here.

Blame is spread everywhere except one person.

Even with all the defence healthy the team is still short 3 defencemen, NHL types.

PP is working good.

Green can only coach what he has.

Goalies are not playing badly, really!

The biggest problem here is expectations were WAAAAAAyyyy too high.

Myers is trying to do too much, he is trying to carry the other defencemen.

Pettersson is putting too much pressure on himself, this is like the sophomore slump, it will take time.

One more game vs the Canadiens and then the team everyone picked for DFL, so a couple of wins maybe?

Looking around the league for trade possibilities, defencemen. Has to be very close to a dollar for dollar swap. A good defenceman will cost big and this team can't settle with another offering, it needs to GO AFTER targeted defencemen and likely over pay to get very good young defencemen. Sergachev, Dernak, Chyrchyn, Ristolainen, Dahlin, Soucy, Myers, you get the idea. Build for tomorrow by using the flat cap, accelerated and compressed schedule and expansion coming. Retention on any last year FA this team trades.

I guess Green can go all out ROVER, 4 forwards and one defenceman. In a month or two Jurmo and Tryamkin might be available, or sooner if the team wants.

Hey the boys tried real hard.

I seriously doubt any of those guys is remotely available. Especially in season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

My, but emotions are running so high here.

Blame is spread everywhere except one person.

Even with all the defence healthy the team is still short 3 defencemen, NHL types.

Im hoping that they can turn a couple of these younger kids (Chatfield, Rathbone, Juolevi) into full time NHLers.   Chatfield gives me young Chris Tanev vibes....hopefully he can keep it up.

That said ... I agree.   What is concerning is that after all of these years the D is still highly dependant on Edler and his health.   

Theres probably a few things going on ..like the D needs to gel with all the new guys, maybe the defensive strategy/coaching needs to be changed, etc etc...but still...to hinge our hopes on Edler staying healthy is a little disappointing.

• Thanks 2
  • Hydration 2
35 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

Gonna be a nasty game on sat..  I can see Habs hitting anything on the ice..  

Severe penalties for hitting refs 

they may want to reconsider that stance 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Can u guys separate these again? Was always good to be able to go to the first post to see post game interviews. 

That's what the recommended post is for :)

• Hydration 1
5 minutes ago, appleboy said:

The Canucks just traded Petey for Dubois.     LOL

Just kidding but would you do that?           I would.

Won’t comment value wise. But the Canucks couldn’t do it based on cap hits. 

16 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Face your fears.

Do not worry about outcomes.

Focus on the process.

Do your best and let the chips fall where they may.

Reward yourself for putting your best self forward.

Now how do we get this winning formula down to the bench?

Just now, qwijibo said:

I was just looking at the cap hit for the two. They would have to clear space.  Benning wanted Dubois big time at the draft. He is a big boy.

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What a backhander from Sutter though. 

That goal was foundational, got to give him that.

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

16 minutes ago, appleboy said:

The Canucks just traded Petey for Dubois.     LOL

Just kidding but would you do that?           I would.

f to the  no   def not trading petey guys future hall of famer kid has so much upside are u kidding me 

Edited by canuktravella
5 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Is there emergency recall? How do Edler, Hamonic, Myers, Benn, & Chatfield factor in cap wise? If they can't go they can't go, what can you do? 

Maybe lace skates on Jimbo who created the cap problems, or Green?

Joking aside, I wonder if they would be able to in a pinch lol (not saying it as something to do, but would it even be possible under the cap)

remember the Zamboni driver goalie

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

&^@# no t trading petey guys future hall of famer kid has so much upside are u kidding me 

I love Petey but when he is focused on he struggles. He is still unstable on his feet and is very slightly built. Will he be durable. We can't get too attached to player right now. A skilled 6'3" center is very hard to find.

1 minute ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Maybe lace skates on Jimbo who created the cap problems, or Green?

Joking aside, I wonder if they would be able to in a pinch lol (not saying it as something to do, but would it even be possible under the cap)

remember the Zamboni driver goalie

Ignoring cap issues for a moment.  You wouldn’t be able to bring in an emergency call up in time for Saturday because of covid protocols. Anyone not already with the team would have to quarantine first