The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

He sure has been playing that way. I'd rather move Motte to that line, or at least give MacEwen a shot. 

For sure. Motte is averaging 6-8 hits a game. At least he's doing whatever he can. Roussel is an overpaid slug. Bench his ass.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

I suspect that's because Green has been hell bent on making sure the players "buy in." I've always heard him say that. I think that sentiment applies in terms of player development and maturity, but hopefully he hasn't lost sight of his responsibilities of making sure the strategies he tries to deploy fit well with his players and are effective against opposing teams. 

If he’s too focused on one thing he’ll lose sight of everything else that has to happen coaching wise for the team to win. I agree with everyone on here saying the players look lost out there and a lot of that has to do with coaching. He has to make sure they fully understand the systems and are ready to go. There have been so many instances this year where you see Montreal cut off the board pass or immediately tie up the guy on the half wall and stop Canucks from breaking out, and when Montreal makes those plays there is never a Canuck pressuring, they always have 1 man forechecking down low and the other fore checker in the middle of the ice at Montreal’s blue line with 3 back in the Neutral zone. Combine that with Canucks persistent dump and chase plays and Teams are having the easiest time in the world getting out of their zones and rushing up the ice. They absolutely must change the strategies cause teams around the league are reading them like a book.

Edited by Petey40
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Soooooo the Meyers hit was clean with the head NOT the primary point of contact per DOPS

was frankly not even a penalty as 2 of us were stating yesterday

i am sure many people wrote it off as a homer point of view but people should realize by now that i am the preeminent hockey expert on this forum 

you are forgiven 

i am looking at you @canuck73_3 :) 

Already said 5 and a game was sufficient. Looked like hit mostly to the head imo. Glad Myers will be playing tomorrow we need him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

Said the hit was clean, nice to see we won't have to be down yet another body on the back end. Not surprised, didn't look dirty to me. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the Habs are spoken to by the league about potential retribution with our next game against them being so soon. 

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Julien on absence of discipline for #Canucks

NHL_2021_Teams_canucks.png

Myers & fallout playing each other so soon & frequently thereafter: "This is not the first & won't be the last for these kind of things happening. Teams will deal with it the way they see fit. Go ahead & do what you have to do."

I'd be dressing MacEwen for Saturday's game then.  Its going to be a chippy game, need some muscle.

They are also icing Perry in the lineup, we all know what a buffoon this guy is.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Video explanation from Department of Player Safety:

So does this mean the refs get supplementary discipline for making the bad call after reviewing the video

nothing shown here is any different from what was viewable last night 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

So does this mean the refs get supplementary discipline for making the bad call after reviewing the video

nothing shown here is any different from what was viewable last night 

I wish. That would be a great idea. Suspend the officials who blow a call for one game or fine their stupid asses. That being said, this is the NHL, so accountability isn't high on the list of things.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wish. That would be a great idea. Suspend the officials who blow a call for one game or fine their stupid asses. That being said, this is the NHL, so accountability isn't high on the list of things.

Image if this made the difference in a meaningful game, a wrong call on a reviewable play is not acceptable in my mind and there should be accountability

I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they had angles we didn’t so shame on me 

Edited by bbllpp