The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 21, 2021 | 6:30 p.m. PT | NBCSN, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, garthsbutcher said:

Meyers better have his head on a swivel 

nobody on MTL can hit him on the head lol and I could only see Weber or maybe Anderson challenging him. 

there's nobody to be scared of in MTL, but I suspect it's going to be a chippy game tomorrow so HOPEFULLY Green is smart enough to dress MacEwen just incase it gets out of hand. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

5 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

nobody on MTL can hit him on the head lol and I could only see Weber or maybe Anderson challenging him. 

there's nobody to be scared of in MTL, but I suspect it's going to be a chippy game tomorrow so HOPEFULLY Green is smart enough to dress MacEwen just incase it gets out of hand. 

Perry will spear him i’m guessing 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

26 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Chariot , Edmundson, Perry, Weber, Anderson 

Edited by qwijibo

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I'd be dressing MacEwen for Saturday's game then.  Its going to be a chippy game, need some muscle.

They are also icing Perry in the lineup, we all know what a buffoon this guy is.

Perry wont take on Myers  but he certainly will run our goalie or smaller stars. We need a deterrent in the lineup.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wish. That would be a great idea. Suspend the officials who blow a call for one game or fine their stupid asses. That being said, this is the NHL, so accountability isn't high on the list of things.

i say suspend them the for calling too many penalties in the games on both sides. they are not letting them play, i mean call some but all the ones they called is too much.

It was deemed not worthy of a suspension. Just make sure everyone's on their toes and dress guys like Mac. Better yet, just keep taking it to them. Put them on their heels and make sure they're looking out. 

Edited by BarnBurner

8 hours ago, Lazurus said:

Run and gun will work but it will take an all out effort. Too many looked like deer in the headlights and in Myer's case, tried too hard to cover up others errors.

Hughes is not suited to a defensive game

That was the same issue 3 games ago against Calgary in the 5-2 loss, they looked lost.

40 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Would be best to just put red arm bands on certain players. Penalties only get called if it happens to one of them.

You can pick 7 forwards, 3 d, and your goalie.

Everything else is ignored

It would make it real easy to spot the divers. 

Sorry if that sounds like support, that's a terrible, hockey ruining idea

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Video explanation from Department of Player Safety:

2 hours ago, bbllpp said:

So does this mean the refs get supplementary discipline for making the bad call after reviewing the video

nothing shown here is any different from what was viewable last night 

This. 

Classic case of having two different entities making calls on this play, the refs who have inexplicably been given main responsibility to make the in game call AND the DOPS who reviews the play after the games. 

When you get two separate entities Who Clearly operate based on different criteria and standards affected by their respective level of involvement in the game at hand,  the result you get is exactly what we have just witnessed, a blown call (one of many) that impacts the game in a major way.

And we end up with completely opposing  declarations  on the play. 

25 minutes ago, Davathor said:

It would make it real easy to spot the divers. 

Sorry if that sounds like support, that's a terrible, hockey ruining idea

It was utterly sarcastic.

In no way should it be read as anything other than satire.

I was speaking to what a candyass, namby-pamby, soft, diving-wimp culture sport the league has become.

Go read it again.

• Cheers 1

@qwijiboSo much for the dirty illegal suspendable hit by Myers eh!Just a friendly response back you to my fellow CDC friend, I really think it was the whiplash that caused the injury and league likely sees it the same as they opted for no suspension.

If it was a hit on a Canuck I would hope 1 of our guys would go fight the attacker, so Myers should be aware that a fight early on in the game might happen and I think he will have no problems dropping the gloves. Could see Anderson dropping the gloves for his new team or Edmundson, to a lesser extent Weber.

Either way a fight or 2 might actually be what the Canucks need, get the juices flowing and get some energy throughout the team!!

Keep your head up boys and stand up for each other going forward, Go Canucks Go! Hope we see Mac back in the lineup 

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I wish. That would be a great idea. Suspend the officials who blow a call for one game or fine their stupid asses. That being said, this is the NHL, so accountability isn't high on the list of things.

It’s no different than the NFL. Officiating is inconsistent. Bad calls after bad calls and it becomes unwatchable after a while. Zero accountability from the officials and I know they are trying to do their job, but FFS let the guys play and call the blatant stuff and leave the chicken sh*t stuff alone. It ruins not only the flow but the integrity of the game. Drives me bonkers.

• Thanks 1