The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You think Canucks have it bad? Dubois benched for basically the whole game.

Rate this topic

Anyone else glad that they took Dubois? Their team isn't any better than ours standing wise.

I'm honestly glad Virtanen doesn't play like Dubois. Look at this UNACCEPTABLE board play.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Haha 1

Furthermore, Pittsburgh are doing about the same as us right now. There are a few other underachieving teams and it's a small sample size. Calm the bang down.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The tale of two tire fires.

"It was the worst of times, it really was the worst of times, it was the age of panic, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of nonbelief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of darkness, it was the season of pitch blackness, it was the spring of despair, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we lost....

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Pointless clip.  PDL is one of the best players along the boards in hockey.

I was definitely overselling it with this thread, haha. That being said, CBJ isn't doing any better with such a star player. Small sample, but the team did fine without him.

Edited by Dazzle

Dubois just doing his impression on James Harden. Crying about where he plays and demanding a trade...kind of sad, be happy you are a millionaire athlete and sign short deals to let you choose your destination at the earliest UFA age possible. 

• Like 2

Torts is a fine coach, if teleported back to the 1940's. Just can't see his approach working with players of this era.

Already CBus is a place that not too many FA vets desire. Credit to their drafting..but wonder if many more stars may try to get out(Jones, Werenski types) as they pass thru RFA yrs?

• Hydration 1
10 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Torts is a fine coach, if teleported back to the 1940's. Just can't see his approach working with players of this era.

Already CBus is a place that not too many FA vets desire. Credit to their drafting..but wonder if many more stars may try to get out(Jones, Werenski types) as they pass thru RFA yrs?

It sucks because both Jones and Werenski are openly Trumpers. That's kind of distracting for a team that's not really that good. They've been spouting a lot of Qanon garbage.

9 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It sucks because both Jones and Werenski are openly Trumpers. That's kind of distracting for a team that's not really that good. They've been spouting a lot of Qanon garbage.

I don't think political ideals should be even acknowledged in that sense and I don't think it would be distracting for them.

Because that sort of stuff(politics) doesn't matter in the grand scheme of an NHL season.

Hockey is an escape.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don't think political ideals should be even acknowledged in that sense and I don't think it would be distracting for them.

Because that sort of stuff(politics) doesn't matter in the grand scheme of an NHL season.

Hockey is an escape.

As long as there is no rift between teammates because of it; but, we can't see what goes on while they are off the ice.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

"Which kid? The Cincinnati kid? Billy the Kid?"

be5d1b22-1159-46da-aaff-89a6bea40ea2_100

I'm not going to write off Dubois; this is very similar to the situation with Naslund and Keenan.  We can thank Burke for the way he handled that one/

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1