The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Cmon man, What are you so excited about so far this season? They have shown nothing. They look like garbage and any time someone speaks up with frustration its oh everyone jumps ship and what a loser fanbase. It's better than pretending everything is fine. This is a shortenend season. You can't afford a start like this, so stop with questioning fans loyalty.

Anyone that has been paying attention new that we were a long way off. We ran last year depending on the kids. This year the kids have started slow. That is normal. This is actually a weaker team then we had last year.  There is 11.5 mil in cap space that is dead.  That would have been a top six forward and a solid D man. 

There is much yet to fix.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Brain dead turnover hockey.

Don't know why Myers and Hughes is still a thing.

Top players have been awful defensively, defensive players have been awful everywhere.

The only players that could say they've been good are Horvat, Hoglander, and maybe Motte.

Myers and hughes combo is terrible. they tried it last year occasionally, just proves the coaches dont learn from they're mistakes.

1 minute ago, Wayne Glensky said:

What do you suggest the team does Stawns? Considering you think this has nothing to do with the coaching or goaltending 

Start by cutting ice time of players going half assed.......petey, hughes in particular.  Play the players actually putting in the effort and playing with some heart.  Show the team that you earn your ice time, not get it gifted to you because you were a high draft pick.

• Wat 2

Just now, stawns said:

Start by cutting ice time of players going half assed.......petey, hughes in particular.  Play the players actually putting in the effort and playing with some heart.  Show the team that you earn your ice time, not get it gifted to you because you were a high draft pick.

And who’s going to replace the “effort” ? Sutter ? Beagle ? 

1 minute ago, ktcy2 said:

Do you guys still think Demko and Holtby are good enough? What a joke, Demko has never been ready. He is just another backup goalie. What now? Holtby is a bit better but he also sucks. I don’t know why we let Marky go. Who did we have in the pipeline to let such an important player go? I would’ve done all in my power, if I were GM, to keep marky. Apparently they misjudged Demko’s talent level. 

I don’t care if you’re 1996 Dominic Hasek, you cannot be hung out to dry like this and expect your goalie to win a Vezy. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

no, it's on the players.  People need to stop with excuses for poor play and poor efforts.  Greens job is to put the systems in place, work on them in practice.......it's up to the players to execute......coaches can't go out and play

Yes your right but a job of a coach is to be able to adapt when the team isn't figuring it out they look lost they obviously dont know the system being played a coach's job is to teach them.