The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Western Red said:

We'll be fine and go on a run. Believe people!!

Can barely stand to read this forum currently! 

It's tough because I feel many of us felt we took a significant step backwards roster wise yet we were all optimistic enough to believe there is still a chance we can win. And maybe we can but let's not forget that most analysts picked us as least improved and most picked us to be at the bottom of the division.

Doesn't look good unfortunately but yes it's early... we are coming off 120 minutes of bad hockey. Those giveaways and breakaways look so bad.

• Cheers 1

Just now, bad alice french said:

It's tough because I feel many of us felt we took a significant step backwards roster wise yet we were all optimistic enough to believe there is still a chance we can win. And maybe we can but let's not forget that most analysts picked us as least improved and most picked us to be at the bottom of the division.

Doesn't look good unfortunately but yes it's early... we are coming off 120 minutes of bad hockey. Those giveaways and breakaways look so bad.

This season there is little room for error its a all division 49 game schedule. Fire green and his comrades now

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

"we" LET him walk? ok projected outlook was 5 million-ish cap increase.. had it happened, Tyler would still be here.. we didn't let him walk as if money had nothing to do with it, if you think so you might want to re-think that a minute..

I was referring to Tanev...

and I agree it was primarily a money decision.

3 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

This season there is little room for error its a all division 49 game schedule. Fire green and his comrades now

I wasn't ever really a fire Green guy, and I don't know that I am yet, but I would like to know who is currently unemployed as a head coach:

Gallant

Babcock

?

Hockey is about pushing the play. Period. If you're sitting back and reacting, you're screwed. 

You have to drive the play. It's not rocket science. It's like preventative defense, it rarely works. 

Edited by BarnBurner
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Hockey is about pushing the play. Period. If you're sitting back and reacting, you're screwed. 

You have to drive the play. It's not rocket science. Playing like that is like preventative defense in the NFL, it rarely works. 

Edited by BarnBurner
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Sweet. I'm into edibles these days. Chronic Kitchen Cookies.

... and booze

Oh bud, I'm all over the edibles.

Tonight I used infused olive oil in my salad dressing.

Made 3 litres of the stuff and a couple bricks of budder with all my trim and bottom buds.

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

You have to drive the play. It's not rocket science, but it's like the preventative defense. It rarely works. 

Petey is trying too hard, squeezing his stick. His linemates are trying to get him going and in doing so turning the puck over and not making the right plays. 

This is a double edged sword. Petey needs to play a flawless game defensively and the rest will follow. 

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Thats the result of our system. The long stretch passes out of the zone rarely ever work and haven't worked much in the last 4 years.  Yet we still continue to do it. Every game. Every shift.  Green doesn't see a problem there, apparently. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ey40 said:

“Why would I let Marky, Tanev and Tofolli walked away? Why? Just why?”

Money. Every GM has to get approval from the owner to do anything 

I don’t blame aquilini for not spending money. It’s makes sense to not spend extra money on an already cost-ridden  season 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

I wasn't ever really a fire Green guy, and I don't know that I am yet, but I would like to know who is currently unemployed as a head coach:

Gallant

Babcock

?

Babcock???   You do realize there’s a reason he has the word cock in his name right!  

now gallant I can get behind 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Oh bud, I'm all over the edibles.

Tonight I used infused olive oil in my salad dressing.

Made 3 litres of the stuff and a couple bricks of budder with all my trim and bottom buds.

THC oil for me, tempted to try and make some butter and then guestimate how much would be in each cookie to have a nice chill evening

3 minutes ago, billabong said:

Money. Every GM has to get approval from the owner to do anything 

I don’t blame aquilini for not spending money. It’s makes sense to not spend extra money on an already cost-ridden  season 

Don’t think owners give a crap about winning/loosing.  It’s all about making money regardless of the result