The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

I thought MacEwen had a decent game, some solid hits and he has a sneaky good shot as you might remember from the 1st period. I would like to see 1 of Sutter or Beagle sat next game so Gaudette can get back in. Then I would like to see Roussel taken out and Bailey given a chance. During 1 of the games vs OTT I would like to see Rathbone get a game on D also

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

THC oil for me, tempted to try and make some butter and then guestimate how much would be in each cookie to have a nice chill evening

Yes, the THC is infused into the olive oil... or did you eat hash oil? I'm confused.

As a rule, use about 1oz of bottoms per lb of butter, then do the math and make your cookies/brownies the right size.

Infusing into milk is fun too. Use it for bang tea, biscuits, pancakes, lattes. Good times

What's the difference?

MARKSTROM

This year there is no one to make the miracle saves to keep the team in the game.

Benning had two years to decide what he should do with his two goalies... two years to get something back for his assets.

He did nothing... and ended up with nothing.

Same applies to Tanev's case.

No, Benning was too busy selling the farm to get the Canucks into the playoffs for two series.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Oh bud, I'm all over the edibles.

Tonight I used infused olive oil in my salad dressing.

Made 3 litres of the stuff and a couple bricks of budder with all my trim and bottom buds.

I heard of that recently, I'm not an edibles guy although I helped make some magic schmores? for my cancer buddy who loved em.. also the non THC ones I tried, they were awesome! I'd go for edibles with my back injury and I'm sure it would help but I'm always busy so I don't have a lot of time to be able to do it.. 

Cheer up guys,

All teams slump.   Ours just occurred at the start of the season.     Team still has a long way to go but I thought they looked much better tonight than the other night.   Petey got the monkey off his back and so it's a small step in the right direction.   

50 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

I was referring to Tanev...

and I agree it was primarily a money decision.

For sure, Tanev undoubtedly was looking for term and we simply couldn't afford an elite dman who was injured a lot but he got term with cgy and happy for him but we needed a guy like Nate around who drives play more than Tanev who wasn't bad at it but it wasn't a down grade as some put it, different styles don't necessate it at all, we actually need more aggressive players on the roster too. 

And people tend to forget we've been a turnstile team that needs more playing time together as well.. 

side note: Talk of firing anyone in our position in a rebuild?  geeez.. can we actually finish it before passing judgement FFS? 

We took a significant step backward this offseason when we lost Marky and Tanev. Now we have two goalies who can't make a bailout save, a porous defense, our best player has lost his confidence, and with the loss of Marky, his sounding board and big brother in Vancouver. This is a season to work off bad contracts and give young guys some game experience.  This team isn't making the playoffs; we will see with this coming series if we are the worst or second to the worst team in Canada; the problem is that Ottawa and the Canucks are on two different trajectories. The good news is that we should get a decent draft pick, and if we can deal Schmidt at the deadline, because he's adding nothing to this team, maybe two good picks. Who was Schmidt's defensive partner last year? That's the player we should target because he obviously covered Schmidt's defensive problems. Nate Schmidt takes the D out of defense. This season will be a chance to get our young guys some NHL playing time. I thought Juolevi looked strong; he jumped into the rush and could have had his first goal. He still struggles at times, but no worse than any of our more experienced young guys are struggling right now. Hogs had what I thought was his best game so far, and he'll get better. Hopefully, Chatfield isn't out too long because I think he has great promise. Mac looked hungry and played quite well. So, if this season means that we get a high pick, and Juolevi, Chatfield, Hogs, Mac, and hopefully Podkolzin as NHL regulars, then this is a totally different team next year. Our problem will be goaltending, which sucks because we lost the best goalie in the league, who was also this team's heart and conscience.

17 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

For sure, Tanev undoubtedly was looking for term and we simply couldn't afford an elite dman who was injured a lot but he got term with cgy and happy for him but we needed a guy like Nate around who drives play more than Tanev who wasn't bad at it but it wasn't a down grade as some put it, different styles don't necessate it at all, we actually need more aggressive players on the roster too. 

And people tend to forget we've been a turnstile team that needs more playing time together as well.. 

side note: Talk of firing anyone in our position in a rebuild?  geeez.. can we actually finish it before passing judgement FFS? 

Agreed. 

And nobody's getting fired. That's ridiculous. A little critical of Baumer's deployment at times but coaching staff seems solid.

I'm just pissed like everyone else over the misplaced/wasted salary space on the team. 

I get letting marky go because of the long term, look how the luongo deal kicked us  

tofolli hurts, watching our bottom six guys like roussell beagle and sutter is hard to watch because we had a chance to buy out at least one to keep tofolli 

for once we had a complete top 6, and with hoglander being good I can’t help but think

tofolli horvat hoglander 

Pearson on 3rd line to help offence there  

Edited by Filthy McNasty
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

It's still early. 

But there's a fine line in the league here. 2-5, and jobs are on thin ice, but "safe" for the time being. 

If the team is 2-10? 

I think heads begin to roll, and the season is at a lost at that point. 

It’s already a lost point my brother he has crippled this team which we apparent benning haters preached. His terrible mistakes have ruined us

Edited by Silky mitts