The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Hmmm, could have swore it was in January, maybe that’s when they were in last place still or maybe the ‘Nuck drove me to drink too much that year.

January is when they finally started turning it around, but they struggled under the new coach at the beginning probably just getting used to his new system and trying to implement it as fast as possible, but they were dead last at Christmas, then after that they were unstoppable. 

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Both.

I am on day 23 sober. So jealous I'd be hammering  beers on the deck right now whisky for the game.

Day 23 for me as well 

Felt like complete $&!# all of new year's day trying to see how long I can go without liquor.

4 hours ago, 180sret said:

All the "NHL experts and coaches" on this board, in my humble opinion, should relax and let it play out.

Its been 4 years of waiting for this garbage system to 'play out'. It has proven ineffective.  Time to try something new. In your humble opinion how many more years (decades?) should we 'relax' and 'let it play out'? Until Petterson asks for a trade because he's tired of playing on a losing team?

Green gave it a go, he had ample time to show his system works. Its been proven that it doesn't, and now its time to move on. Continuing this malarkey isn't just a disservice to the fans, its a disservice to the players who are busting their butts night after night without seeing any results.  In the beginning a lot of fans were willing to give Green the benefit of the doubt. We had a young group, we were still missing a few key peices, but as time wore on it became more and more apparent that regardless of who we added or subtracted the fundamental problems were still all there.  Fundamental problems that Green seems to have no answer or for, or even any desire to address. Just keep doing the same thing and eventually it will work,  seems to be his mantra. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Its been 4 years of waiting for this garbage system to 'play out'. It has proven ineffective.  Time to try something new. In your humble opinion how many more years (decades?) should we 'relax' and 'let it play out'? Until Petterson asks for a trade because he's tired of playing on a losing team?

Green gave it a go, he had ample time to show his system works. Its been proven that it doesn't, and now its time to move on. Continuing this malarkey isn't just a disservice to the fans, its a disservice to the players who are busting their butts night after night without seeing any results.  In the beginning a lot of fans were willing to give Green the benefit of the doubt. We had a young group, we were still missing a few key peices, but as time wore on it became more and more apparent that regardless of who we added or subtracted the fundamental problems were still all there.  Fundamental problems that Green seems to have no answer or for, or even any desire to address. Just keep doing the same thing and eventually it will work,  seems to be his mantra. 

Fully agree, he is following in the foot steps of WillyD. He doesn't know what to do now, and it shows. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Myers could take Perry but not Weber. I played against him in Junior B when he was with Sicamouse. He is unbelievably strong, and he’s not just tough, but he’s ruthless. I like Myers, but he would be praying to god for the beating to end. Weber doesn’t fight much because he doesn’t have to. I used to scrap anyone but I wouldn’t fight Shea Weber for a million dollars. I like solid food. 

A very wise decision.  All this talk about Weber reminds me about the summer Gillis tried to sign him.  The wined and dined him in Vancouver but couldn't offer him long term offer sheet Philly made (that Nashville matched).  Of course if the Canucks made that offer they'd have been hit with a huge cap recapture penalty but I digress.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Could not agree more 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

As far as causing turnovers I like the forechecking side of the system, it needs guys that bodycheck more but it’s still effective. I don’t have any idea who came up with the defensive side of this system, it drives me nuts how passive it is.

19 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

People need to let it go.  It wasn’t a dirty play. Pettersson admitted he tried a reverse check and it just went bad.  

Green was quoted as saying it wasn’t dirty 

Sutter called it an innocent play

Pettersson said it wasn’t a dirty play 

It was two seasons ago.  Time to move on 

K

• Huggy Bear 1

14 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Myers could take Perry but not Weber. I played against him in Junior B when he was with Sicamouse. He is unbelievably strong, and he’s not just tough, but he’s ruthless. I like Myers, but he would be praying to god for the beating to end. Weber doesn’t fight much because he doesn’t have to. I used to scrap anyone but I wouldn’t fight Shea Weber for a million dollars. I like solid food. 

I always thought that team really missed out on the chance to be the Sicamooses

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Violator said:

Day 23 for me as well 

Felt like complete $&!# all of new year's day trying to see how long I can go without liquor.

Hang a piece of steak in a mickey of vodka from fishing line.

Every time you get the urge, go to that bottle, and look at the disintegrated meat laying in the bottom.

That meat is YOU. All the hormones, and proteins which are in your blood that sustain your life? COOKED. FRIED. ERASED.

All of the glycoproteins which grow from the surface of cells in order to tell other cells it's there, and to bring in things from the blood, MELTED, COOKED, DENATURED.

Alcohol is an organic solvent, and though the feeling is at times numbing, just know that its DISSOLVING you from the inside out.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Hang a piece of steak in a mickey of vodka from fishing line.

Every time you get the urge, go to that bottle, and look at the disintegrated meat laying in the bottom.

That meat is YOU. All the hormones, and proteins which are in your blood that sustain your life? COOKED. FRIED. ERASED.

All of the glycoproteins which grow from the surface of cells in order to tell other cells it's there, and to bring in things from the blood, MELTED, COOKED, DENATURED.

Alcohol is an organic solvent, and though the feeling is at times numbing, just know that its DISSOLVING you from the inside out.

probably all true.  I still enjoy a good drink in relative moderation.  I don't drink 2 days in a row so absolute max is 4 days / week, usually less.  It's tough when the Canucks play B2B and play $&!#ty 2 days in row.